PDA

View Full Version : Missing box of brass

osteodoc08
12-28-2014, 08:22 PM
I had some time to myself tonight and went to straighten up the gun room. It was a disaster. Got it straightened out, made a list of things I "needed" and went to turn out the light when I remembered a 500ct box of 45 Colt Starline brass I received in the mail a month or so ago.....I could not find it to save my life! I looked for over an hour. Not wanting to lose time with the family since they got home I left it be. Anyone else
misplace brass or other components? Where did they turn up....Im
at a loss of where to look and will gladly take constructive criticism at this point!

Blacksmith
12-28-2014, 08:26 PM
They always show up the last place you look! :bigsmyl2:

srtolly
12-28-2014, 08:26 PM
I lost a bottle brown leather dye a few wees ago. Looked everywhere, cleaned and made a mess again. Still haven't found it. Gonna clean again tomorrow.

starmac
12-28-2014, 08:45 PM
LOL I lost a pair of pliers once, while I was using them, haven'[t found them to this day. lol

lawdog941
12-28-2014, 08:47 PM
Sounds stupid, but it is somewhere between where you picked it up and thought you put it:kidding:

btroj
12-28-2014, 08:48 PM
I have lost many items I forgot I even owned!

Wayne Smith
12-28-2014, 08:57 PM
I have lost many items I forgot I even owned!

Humm, I have found items that I forgot I even owned. If I don't know I own them, do I think I am losing somebody else's stuff??

shooterg
12-28-2014, 08:59 PM
I "lost" an AR receiver for 2 years - it showed up in a box of old motorcycle parts !

Bonz
12-28-2014, 09:05 PM
LOL, I find brass that I forgot about all the time...

elkhuntfever
12-28-2014, 09:13 PM
I lost a set of keys 10 months ago! I found them this morning in the pocket of a long sleeved shirt I hadn't worn in 10 months. :bigsmyl2:

fixit
12-28-2014, 09:14 PM
if you've already looked in all the likely places, look in the unlikely places

smoked turkey
12-28-2014, 09:15 PM
I spend a good part of each day looking for something I lost. I'm always laying something down and have trouble remembering where I put it. I hope it is not a sign of something worse to come.

ruizhernandeztrust
12-28-2014, 09:15 PM
I lost track of a box of 357 magnum golden sabers but it showed up inside my bug out bag, I completely forgot that I put the bullets there. Only God knows how much time I wasted searching for the damn thing until one day inspecting my "B.O.B" I noticed a bulged compartment after opening the zipper the box was there smiling at me. :roll:

30Carbine
12-28-2014, 09:28 PM
Out in the shop a little bit ago and found a Christmas gift for the wife from 01 up in the rafters it's a good place to hide stuff until you can't remember. she's opening it now cant even remember what's in it.

wv109323
12-28-2014, 09:38 PM
If I bought them a month ago, I would be looking for something else and when I found them I would wonder where they came from.
It is one thing to forget you left food in the microwave and another thing to forget what the microwave is.

osteodoc08
12-28-2014, 09:49 PM
Out in the shop a little bit ago and found a Christmas gift for the wife from 01 up in the rafters it's a good place to hide stuff until you can't remember. she's opening it now cant even remember what's in it.
You've peaked my curiosity. What was it?

30Carbine
12-28-2014, 10:00 PM
A ruger p90 I thought it was in one of the safes but holy ****, I guess the warrantee is up on that one I got to go through the safes tommarow night and see if I forgot anything else.

RayinNH
12-28-2014, 10:12 PM
Check with other family members, particularly the wife. They may have put it somewhere while cleaning up the place.

GaryN
12-28-2014, 10:18 PM
I have to quit looking and take a rest. Then when I am doing something else I think about it. Usually I can come up with where I put it. It is fun to find stuff you forgot you had. Kinda like Christmas. Only you are giving it to yourself.

MaryB
12-28-2014, 10:38 PM
Yes there is a Mosin butt plate in the house somewhere... could have sworn I tossed it in my range bag when I moved everything to the new gun cabinet but it isn't there.

30Carbine
12-28-2014, 10:52 PM
MaryB your still looking for that butt plate? if you find out where the extra socks go from the drier then you will find it.

MaryB
12-28-2014, 10:56 PM
I think one of the cats moved it, gotta blame someone! Tigger does steal stuff off my desk. He has a pile of my tools in his bed behind me on the floor.

waynem34
12-29-2014, 01:17 AM
lost a bore brush for my pistol 12 months and found it in a cleaning kit.I have a couple kits so.If it was a snake.BAM

crazy mark
12-29-2014, 02:03 AM
I lost my extra set of car keys moving. Bought new recliners and gave the old ones to a neighbor. She gave me my missing keys back. Seems the were hidden in the mechanism and when she turned it over they fell out. Now if all the other stuff I am missing was that easy.

Frank46
12-29-2014, 02:18 AM
I put away a steel lyman 57 sme rear sight with the mounting screws taped to it so they wouldn't get lost. Put it away so well I have yet to find it. At least all mu gunparts are put in freezer lock baggies,labeled, and stuck in two large and heavy containers. Only thing is I have to go through both containers to find what I'm looking for. Frank

starmac
12-29-2014, 02:21 AM
Not to long ago I lost the fill plug for the rearend of my truck. Now I take it out, check the level and generally put it back in, all the while I am under the truck on a clean concrete floor. I look for the biggest part of an hour and no dice, fill plug had disappeared for good, so off to the dealer for a new one. A week or so later I leaned my creeper up against the wall, and there the magnetic fill plug was, stuck to the bottom of it. lol I just never thought about it being magnetic. lol

wlc
12-29-2014, 06:17 AM
Lost a set of jumper cables for nearly two years. I had put them in an old ammo can in the camper storage compartment before a trip. Last I saw of them till I needed to get something out of the storage compartment. Saw the ammo can and wondered "what's in that thing"......At least I found them. Got to put them back up as a spare set as I had already bought new ones.

labradigger1
12-29-2014, 07:00 AM
Got a case of Dillon 357 ammo boxes 2 years ago. Have not seen them since.
Lab

iomskp
12-29-2014, 08:01 AM
Buy some replacements the lost ones will turn up straight away

LynC2
12-29-2014, 08:27 AM
It seems I have a lot of company suffering from this affliction also. :bigsmyl2:

castalott
12-29-2014, 08:29 AM
I know this feeling....I am searching high and low for a Ham radio antenna base. The world is too fast paced. We don't have time to remember anymore.....

Sig
12-29-2014, 09:37 AM
My wife, my 2 kids & I were at my mother's for Christmas eve. My mom gave each of my kids $100.00 cash as gifts. My wife insisted that half the money go into their savings account. My daughter handed over the $100.00 no questions asked. My son argued with my wife for 10 minutes before reluctantly handing over $50.00. The next day my wife can't find any of it. At least my son still has $50.00. I guess sometimes it pays to argue with your mother.

Col4570
12-29-2014, 09:40 AM
Anybody ever lost an item and searched everywhere then suddenly it is in full view on the Bench.I have.:veryconfu

osteodoc08
12-29-2014, 09:43 AM
Buy some replacements the lost ones will turn up straight away

I may have to do just that

crabo
12-29-2014, 11:03 AM
Well, what was it?

bangerjim
12-29-2014, 11:29 AM
"Olde Tymer's Disease" is a be-atche! I loose ...er....misplace stuff all the time.

Funny, the stuff never feels lost.....it knows exactly where it was all the time!

Sometimes it is like Christmas, finding things I totally forgot I even had.

I pity my kids when I am gone.....stuff in nooks and crannies and pigeon holes everwhere.

bangerjim

Freightman
12-29-2014, 12:51 PM
"Olde Tymer's Disease" is a be-atche! I loose ...er....misplace stuff all the time.

Funny, the stuff never feels lost.....it knows exactly where it was all the time!

Sometimes it is like Christmas, finding things I totally forgot I even had.

I pity my kids when I am gone.....stuff in nooks and crannies and pigeon holes everwhere.

bangerjim Me to Jim but don't pity my kids they deserve it. :bigsmyl2:

MarkP
12-29-2014, 01:07 PM
A few weeks ago I lost a Leopold scope I looked everywhere for it, I found it 3 days later in the first place I looked, it was in a white tube sock in my safe. It was tucked along the side wall of the safe on an upper shelf.

I was coming home from shooting, I was almost home and got this sick felling that I forgot my rifles. I pulled over to check and I did forget them. Luckily I have my own range but it is 40 miles from my home, when I returned it was dark and they were still sitting on the shooting bench.

Rick Hodges
12-29-2014, 02:57 PM
I feel much better now....knowing I am not the only one loosing my mind. LOL

dlbarr
12-29-2014, 03:10 PM
I lost a mould once....couldn't find it for months.

I did FIND a solution to the lost mould, however....go buy another one just like it.
The lost mould showed up very soon thereafter.

See?....it works!:cool:

RKJ
12-29-2014, 06:55 PM
A few weeks ago I lost a Leopold scope I looked everywhere for it, I found it 3 days later in the first place I looked, it was in a white tube sock in my safe. It was tucked along the side wall of the safe on an upper shelf.

I was coming home from shooting, I was almost home and got this sick felling that I forgot my rifles. I pulled over to check and I did forget them. Luckily I have my own range but it is 40 miles from my home, when I returned it was dark and they were still sitting on the shooting bench.

I did that once with my pistol box. I had backed into the parking lot and when I left I thought I had everything, Wrong! Sped back out the 25 miles to the range (public) and there it was right here I had left it. It's a conservation range but during the week it's not much used during working hours, so I got very lucky. Now I always pull in so that when I'm leaving I can scan the shooting areas, (just in case).
Also, I'm still wondering where the sights I took of a M70 are, I'd like to put them back on.

mummer1973
12-29-2014, 07:09 PM
last year i bought a bottle of nu finish car polish put it n the bench and it disappeared. bought another put it on the shelf and that one disappeared. i still haven't found either one. so i bought a third and taped it down. it hasnt moved yet.

reddoggm
12-29-2014, 07:24 PM
Brass Gremlin,s I have em Took me a couple - O - Years but I found their stash of MY BRASS Now and again they take bullets too but I don,t think they like them as well and by the way still can,t find the Bullets so my advice to you is spend every waking moment watching and you will catch them
Good Luck with your mission solder as Gremlins are well trained and very hard to catch
DOGG!!!

30Carbine
12-29-2014, 08:56 PM
Crabo look back at post 17, yep took it out in the snow today shoots real nice. wife spent better half of today cataloging everything in the safe's. the receipts say that there is still a missing gun some where but there are more safe's to go through yet so we will see.

Blacksmith
12-29-2014, 09:42 PM
Sometimes I loose my train of thought and can't remember what I lost and am looking for!:veryconfu

MaryB
12-30-2014, 02:01 AM
What kind of base? I might have it in my junk

I know this feeling....I am searching high and low for a Ham radio antenna base. The world is too fast paced. We don't have time to remember anymore.....

Dave C.
12-30-2014, 12:43 PM
I lost a Lee universal decapper die. I have spent at least 3 hours looking for it.
The best part is I found the 5 year old sales slip for it!

Dave C.

mold maker
12-30-2014, 08:13 PM
I've even caught myself looking for something, still in my other hand.
I'd run out of something to do, if I didn't spend all my time looking for the last thing I had. Maybe I need one of those surveillance cameras they're talking about, on that other thread.

castalott
12-30-2014, 08:45 PM
MaryB What kind of base? I might have it in my junk

mag mount 2 meter Larson. I've looked in all the usual places. I guess the unusual places are next....

GSM
12-30-2014, 08:51 PM
"Buy some replacements the lost ones will turn up straight away"

Usually, a couple of hours after you purchase the replacement. It does work!

Bonus: then you have twice as many......:-):sad:

C. Latch
12-30-2014, 09:08 PM
I spent an hour the other night looking for my green RCBS powder funnel.

It finally turned up, sitting on the bench, within a foot of where I last had saw it. I'd knocked something over that hit it and bounced it into a dark spot behind something else and I just had to rearrange the whole bench before my eye caught it.

Rooster
12-30-2014, 09:17 PM
My Forster trimmer is screwed to a huge board that I clamp to the bench and I can't find it. HUGE BOARD!!

MaryB
12-31-2014, 01:50 AM
Just scrapped one... kept the magnet and checked it. Got tired of them being ripped off by high winds here.

MaryB What kind of base? I might have it in my junk

mag mount 2 meter Larson. I've looked in all the usual places. I guess the unusual places are next....

Certaindeaf
12-31-2014, 03:28 AM
I hate that! grumble

osteodoc08
01-01-2015, 12:34 AM
Finally found the dern box of brass. Way up under the bench and a box within a box deal. I didn't remember putting it down there. Now it's time to cast up some bullets with my 2 new 45olds from MiHa.....if I could just find them.

MaryB
01-01-2015, 12:38 AM
By the time you find the molds the brass will be lost again, or the primers or dies...

Daniel964
01-01-2015, 09:12 AM
I lost my eye glasses a few years ago and was looking all over the house for them. Well when I found them they were right where they should be. I was wearing them and looking through them.

Hickory
01-01-2015, 09:18 AM
They always show up the last place you look! :bigsmyl2:

That's because you start looking at the wrong end first!:bigsmyl2:

CastingFool
01-01-2015, 09:23 AM
I'm not good at organizing my stuff, and sometimes while looking for something, I can remember exactly where I normally kept it in our old house prior to moving to the current one. That has happened to me on two different moves.

BUFFALOW RED
01-01-2015, 09:32 AM
my wife says its the spirits moving stuff
some times when i buy a replacement & go to put it away i find the first one hiding in the put away spot then i got two to look for next time
still looking for the rear sight i lost 5 years ago in my reloading man cave

sawzall
01-01-2015, 05:17 PM
I lost a new Lyman 375449. Bought it for my 375H&H and when I finally got the rifle. you think I can find the darned mold? I've almost pulled the trigger on a new one twice, and a BRP mold from NOE but just can't do it...yet. If the NOE wasn't a 5 cavity I would have succumbed already but I prefer 2 or 4 cavity molds...I know with absolute certainty that if I purchase a replacement, it will turn up post haste.

Nueces
01-01-2015, 06:04 PM
Sawzall, you could borrow one and leave it on the bench overnight - might scare yours out of hiding. :mrgreen:

3 gun Gus
01-02-2015, 12:52 PM
I just found a Lee universal decapping die that I did not know I owned!
Thanks Dave C.!
Hey Dave C. how about misplacing a Dillon 1050.

3 gun Gus