PDA

View Full Version : Information overload

18Bravo
12-27-2014, 03:30 PM
OK...you got me. For the record, the two things I hate the most in reloading are case trimming and boolit lubing. After reading all the posts I'm convinced (thank you all very much!) that PC'ing is the way to go. Lead free barrels, ease of application and durability is strong medicine! Given all the available options I'm going with the ES method. While looking at paint options online all I've achieved is information overload and a headache. So I have a few basic questions.

Do Teflon paints have any advantage over standard paints?

Are glosses easier to work with than flat finishes?

While extremely expensive, do high heat resistant paints offer any real advantage?

If it makes a difference I cast for handguns only ranging from 9mm to 44 Mag. None of my hand loads are designed to push the envelope in FPS or PSI. Oh, and if anyone here has come up with a spray on case length trimmer, PLEASE, let me know.

Jr.
12-27-2014, 03:35 PM
There is a member here that sells PC paint for this purpose. Just pick the color you want build a nice tray or rack to set your boolits up on and spray and bake. I can't remember his exact handle but it is Smoke something he'll be able to set you up with what you need.

Try this link: http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?241259-Hi-quality-Powder-for-DT-or-Spraying-bullets

upnorthwis
12-27-2014, 03:40 PM
Might want to try Tumble Coating with air soft pellets and a cool whip bowl first. Works for me. I got my powder from Smoke4320 too.

Walter Laich
12-27-2014, 10:18 PM
+1 on Smoke. His are top notch powder, much better than HF which also will do a nice job.

Beagle333
12-27-2014, 10:46 PM
Smoke's powders are definitely the best. Try the others if you want.... but he does have great stuff.
Only casting for handguns? You'll love ES then!!!! Only the rifle guys who shoot the long skinny boolits have troubles with spraying. Anything pistol is easy!

Jupiter7
12-28-2014, 05:37 AM
I dry tumble rifle boolits too. Works fine, just gotta be careful not to knock them over. I see no need for the spray method for me, yet.