PDA

View Full Version : Liquid X-Lox? Why Isn't The Word Out? Is it as good as the Lee?

Hanzy4200
12-27-2014, 12:12 AM
I've only been casting for about 3 years. I have tumble lubed from day one, and see no reason to fix what isn't broken. Obviously, I've been using Lee Liquid Alox all this time. At $5-$6 per 4 oz. bottle it is relatively cheap, for the number of rounds it provides. A couple days ago, I realized I was low, and decided to find the cheapest source. I found myself on another forum, and heard mention of a guy named Lars and "White Label". A couple clicks later, I was staring at a 32 oz. jug of "Alox", for $12! *** guys! Thanks for telling me 3 years ago! Lol.

After a specific search on this stuff, I did find mention of it here, but not a lot of general reviews. The site generally seemed shooter friendly and trustworthy, so I ordered essentially blind. What is you're experience? As good or better than Lee Liquid Alox?

Bored1
12-27-2014, 12:16 AM
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/forumdisplay.php?120-Lar45

He's a vendor sponsor here. Not sure how active he has been, but I have used several types of his lube at a friends house in the sticks. Got a buddy who's been casting for over 55 years who swears by whitelabel lubes, and that's been good enough for me!!!

btroj
12-27-2014, 12:36 AM
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/forumdisplay.php?120-Lar45

He's a vendor sponsor here. Not sure how active he has been, but I have used several types of his lube at a friends house in the sticks. Got a buddy who's been casting for over 55 years who swears by whitelabel lubes, and that's been good enough for me!!!

That buddy is also using an awful lot of MML, an old formula. He has tried a few other lubes for me.

If you ever get an urge to try something new let me know, I can hook you up.

jmort
12-27-2014, 12:40 AM
It is no secret.

RobS
12-29-2014, 06:44 AM
If you are a tumble luber then try the 45-45-10 mix. http://lsstuff.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_reviews&products_id=31

Lead Fred
12-29-2014, 06:47 AM
I buy the ship out of their products, Ive not found a bad one yet.
I do not like tumble lubing, but I have to for a few moulds, so X-Lox is all I use

6bg6ga
12-29-2014, 07:39 AM
I don't like the tumble lube method. This is why I have a Star and a Magma sizer.

white eagle
12-29-2014, 07:50 AM
i have been using it exclusively for some time now in my blackpowder and sluggun
good stuff

FLHTC
12-29-2014, 08:36 AM
He was, or still is an ebay seller. I bought his lube when I found it on ebay back in 2007 or 2008. Its as good as any other and when it is, the price is what matters.

dragon813gt
12-29-2014, 09:06 AM
Lots of members, myself included, use his lubes. But I'd dare to assume that most of us don't tumble lube. It works fine up to a certain point and then you will want a better lube. Carnauba Red and BAC are favorites of a lot of people. I might buy some Xlox off of them if BLL works out like it's supposed to.

tazman
12-29-2014, 09:13 AM
I have been using it for most of a year now with excellent results. I give him a recommendation whenever I can.

shoot-n-lead
12-29-2014, 09:29 AM
It is good stuff and the price can't be argued with...matter of fact, I am about to mail him payment for more, as soon as I can get to the post office. I tumble lube exclusively as I only cast for handguns and it has never failed to work well for me.

Flinchrock
01-03-2015, 08:01 PM
I'm getting ready to make a batch of BLL, so I am going to be ordering from them soon.

His BAC is great! I've been using it for pistol for 4 years or so...