PDA

View Full Version : CZ 75 Barrel

wv109323
12-26-2014, 11:01 PM
I bought a new CZ 75B pistol about a month ago. I could not get my cast bullets to function reliably. It may function 4 or 5 times and then fail to go into battery. I slugged the barrel at .3556 and sized my bullets to .3566. The loads would not pass the KAPLUNK test until they were .958 OAL. All the major diameter of the bullet had to be in the brass. IF Any of the sized diameter of the lead protruded out of the case the round would stick in the chamber and had to be pried out. I am using a 125 RNFP Lee six cavity.
I looked at the barrel very closely and found something that is difficult to explain. Where there should be some lead in the rifling it is strange. All the lands have some lead but the lead crosses the rifling diagonally and one edge of the rifling extends all the way to the end of the chamber.
Any bullet that extends out of the case mouth with a diameter of .350 or larger(all bullets)contacts the "long side" of the rifling. Some times a round that does not chamber can not be extracted by hand. The front of the slide needs to be bumped against something solid to break the slide loose.
I have e-mailed CZ about the condition.
My question is how could you cut the chamber and cut just one side of a land with a lead? I would think any rotary tool would cut the land all the way across.

Nobade
12-27-2014, 10:23 AM
Sounds like they cut the chamber crooked. I'd see if CZ USA would warranty it. If not, Bar-Sto makes nice barrels for those pistols. Don't be taking a dremel tool to the inside of a barrel!

-Nobade

tomme boy
12-27-2014, 11:37 AM
Get a throating reamer and hand throat it your self. They are not going to do anything for you for shooting lead bullets.

roysha
01-03-2015, 12:45 PM
Get a throating reamer and hand throat it your self. They are not going to do anything for you for shooting lead bullets.

Yup. I've had to do that to both my SIGs, especially when using the cast bullet with a TC nose shape.

Ragnarok
01-03-2015, 01:37 PM
I own a Colt Government Model .22(the recent Walther/Umarex made 1911-22)...anyhow, it's chamber is off-center and crudely cut!

Not so bad that you can see rifling in the chamber though....and the pistol shoots fantastic..wonky chamber and all!

My little ATI/Philippines made officer's size 1911 .45 acp pistol's chamber is just a touch off-center to the bore too. Just noticeable is all. This pistol shoots great too.

My newest pistol is a Glock 42 .380. Nice little pocket-pistol. Shoots like a million bucks..however it's chamber is weirdly 'polished'!? I figure Glock must forge these chamber and all(not sure on that?)..and the left half of the chamber, while smooth, looks 'frosted'..the right chamber interior is shiny/smooth polished?? It's centered ok...works perfect...looks odd..

Moral to the story...just that I don't think the manufacturers are putting much quality control into production these days...apparently relying on 'quality assurance' and modern production techniques to help them along...

I do believe if my new pistol had rifling in the chamber..I would consult the factory promptly...