PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Day at the Range

Shiloh
12-26-2014, 02:00 PM
I brought 80 rounds of LEE 125 gr RF over 5 gr. of Unique.

A NICE day for CHristmas in the upper midwest. Just me and the club president. I leisurely shot the black out of a couple of NRA 50' targets. I ws hoping to see if anyone got new toys. There was were lots of aluminum CCI Blazer.
Don't know for sure but someone may have a new .40 S&W handgun.

Shoulda brought another gun, but was afraid I'd be picking up brass in the snow and wet.
Hence the wheelgun.

Shiloh

Tatume
12-26-2014, 02:36 PM
This morning I shot the DW revolver and Ruger International at 100 yards. I was the only person on the club property. About noon a friend showed up.

At the club I used to belong to it was probably necessary to wait in your car for a parking spot, and then wait for a bench on the firing line. I'm so much happier where I am now.

Tatume
12-26-2014, 02:42 PM
Now that I've had lunch, I'm going to my shop and load up a few hundred more for next time.

Shiloh
12-26-2014, 07:36 PM
Just loaded primers into the hopper. I'll reload the 80 I fired this evening. If it is not to cold, I'll be out again tomorrow AM.

Shiloh

Tatume
12-26-2014, 08:05 PM
I was planning to shoot again tomorrow too, but just got a call that a friend I only see once a year is coming. I'll go Monday instead; I'm off until New Years! Ain't it wonderful?

Scharfschuetze
12-26-2014, 08:46 PM
My son is home on leave from the Army so we went the day before Christmas and shot revolvers and pistols and the day after Christmas to shoot old military rifles. Great times to be sure.

I hope that all of you had a very merry Christmas!

Shiloh
12-27-2014, 09:37 AM
4" of snow preceded by mist, then sleet. Icy roads. No range day today for me. DRAT!!!
Gonna play with the shovel and snow blower instead.

Shiloh

mdi
12-27-2014, 01:44 PM
Great fellers! In the last week we've had nearly 7" of rain here in Wet Oregon, and I'm not too keen on driving up a dirt road to get to our "range"...

kweidner
12-27-2014, 02:18 PM
Been at the range the last couple days. Went to check on a stand thought I was gonna need the evinrude.

waco
12-28-2014, 12:32 AM
Great fellers! In the last week we've had nearly 7" of rain here in Wet Oregon, and I'm not too keen on driving up a dirt road to get to our "range"...

Amen brother...

hickfu
12-28-2014, 12:48 AM
I cant wait to get up there to Oregon.... I hate it down here in Hellifornia, This coming year I will be up there where there is water and green....

retread
12-28-2014, 01:17 AM

Second AMEN to that!

Shiloh
12-28-2014, 10:37 AM
Sunny but 17˚, feels like 9˚ It may warm up to where if feels like 17˚.
Shooting in this type of cold just isn't a lot of fun. We'll see. I'd really like to shoot.

Shiloh

wistlepig1
12-28-2014, 07:15 PM
It's a little cool here Monday to get out, plus the sod dogs stay deep in their hole when it,s 9 degrees for the high.

Frank46
12-29-2014, 02:41 AM
Brings back some good memories. Had a good friend with whom I shot with and Christmas or New Years or basically any other holiday would find us there. Didn't matter what we brung and we always had a good time. Sad to say he passed away a few years back and he was younger than me. What really makes me sad at the time of his passing our local newspaper delivery person used to bitch and moan about our paper box being on the wrong side of the road. It's legal due to me and the wife being legally disabled. She would through the paper in the driveway and if raining and no plastic sleeve over it would get wet and fall apart. I found out by accident of his passing so missed his funeral. I had asked the members here wether it would be proper for me to send a mass card to the family and to a man you all agreed. Thank God the local paper did list immediate next of kin and a little digging got their address. Art Brady you will be missed. So thanks for some fine memories. Frank