PDA

View Full Version : Lee Modern Minnie in 58

richbug
02-18-2008, 06:17 PM
anybody used them?

Accurate?

How hard have you pushed them(charge weight)? I'm limited to BP since it is a flinter.

What lube? Lee recommends LLA, but it just doesn't seem appropriate to me.

I picked up a Mould for a song, and figured it would be worth a try. Just looking for something a little heavier than a patched round ball.

mooman76
02-19-2008, 10:20 PM
Are you sure about the LLA. I thought it was a big no no with BP. Try it and see how it shoots. It's the only way. May not shoot great in a flinter, nothing against flint but I am figuring on a slow twist. I shoot them (Minnies) out of my 58 and they don't do great but good enough for a hunting under 100y.

shooter575
02-21-2008, 12:32 AM
That modern Lee minne [skirmishers call that design the "ashcan" by the shape] was the minne of choice for my team many years ago.It shot real good in a early EOA enfield I had at the time with a slow 1:78 twist. 50 yd offhand it would bust hanging clays more than it missed.Group would start to open up some at 100.Accuracy fell off real fast after that though. At that time I was using 45 gr goex ff,crisco or a crisco/beeswax mix in the base only as there aint any place to put it on the outside.
Forget the LLA.