PDA

View Full Version : A Christmas gift to myself

HeavyMetal
12-25-2014, 12:00 PM
I'ts Christmas morning and pretty soon everyone will be up to make a big paper mess on the living room floor, no one will know who gift is who's, the dog will be barking and my coffee cup will either get broken or spilled, LOL!

Did I mention I love Christmas?

Last night I was at the kids place for a Christmas Eve dinner and a little Gift exchange, scored a couple movie tickets, a couple bags of Aussie Licorice, a heated back massage do hickey and the second ugliest Santa Tie in the world ( got the First Ugliest last year, LOL).

Here at the Apt the GF's grand kids are still asleep and I have my first cup of the day sitting next to me as I type this post and I can see a bunch of stuff under the tree that looks "suspescilly" like socks and underware.

Fortunately the GF had a huge shot of insight and just gave me a $150.00 Gift Card to Bass Pro's!

In all the excitment of getting this done I took time yesterday to put my gift to myself together after we stopped working yesterday morning, phone didn't ring at all so I figured no one went to work yesterday, and I put my new Do-All Raven auto matic skeet thrower together!

I'd picked it up at Wal Mart Monday and decided it needed better wheels, 6 bucks each at HF, and I spent a good 2 hours laughing with the service guys while they watched me put it together.

Found a decent battery out in our junk pile of old batteries and scared the snot out of them when it actually worked!

Wish I'd of thouht to bring some clay's in with me that morning, LOL!

Got a range date set up at Burro Canyon for the 25th of Jan so that's when it will get it's first run. meanwhile I just heard the stepkid roll in with the last minute stocking stuffers for her kids and my cup is empty so I need a refill.

Merry Chrismas to all

runfiverun
12-25-2014, 12:06 PM
HA!
no kids no tree no mess no noise.
got plenty of snow to shovel, and 750 jackets to put cores in, it's gonna be a good day.

BrassMagnet
12-25-2014, 12:19 PM
This Christmas is different from all of the recent ones. I can't drive to the family get together. I am recovering from surgery.
So last night I sent my evil sister to the Christmas Eve get together where she only got to ruin two of my nephew's Christmas.
She told them how I was recovering from surgery and couldn't go to work and how I entertained myself in Swapping & Selling. She told them about the pile of empty flat rate boxes in my computer room and how I had spent money online until my checking account was absolutely empty so no one got a Christmas check from their Uncle Ron this year.
She said their eyes got real big like "What? No Christmas check? Uncle Ron is just going to give us a Christmas Card? What's with this?"
My evil sister is the one who taught all the little ones the Christmas song "Rudolf the red nosed reindeer has a very shiny gun!" "and if you ever saw it, you would certainly turn and run!"
So when their eyes were big enough and she couldn't string it out any more, she told them they would just have to get by with cash.
Now she gets to pull it on nine more this morning!
I still have to mail out four checks,

blaser.306
12-25-2014, 12:19 PM
Just the wife and I here, no kids to cover the noise ( 4 bassett hounds take up the slack ) have the tree and a couple small gifts for the wife! Have all I need with health and good friends and family! Merry Christmas to all.

trapper9260
12-25-2014, 02:01 PM
For me is all I have is my 2 coydogs and my brother and that is all, no tree or anything else.just ate our dinner. made most of my phone calls and now have fun with my 2 boys ( 4 legs that is) .

daniel lawecki
12-25-2014, 02:24 PM
My grandkids live with my Wife and I along with their mother. The gifts have been opened the finger food is out. The menu is to long to list for today but we all are having a good time. And the old favorite is on the boob tube Christmas Story.

Doc Highwall
12-25-2014, 03:26 PM
Just the wife and I along with 3-1/2 cats. The wife and I have three indoor cats whom we have not told about Christmas as they are living in cat heaven, and take every advantage of the staff being spoiled.

The 1/2 cat is a stray that shows up half the time getting feed and is aptly named Half Cat.:bigsmyl2:

foesgth
12-25-2014, 04:17 PM
We are getting ready to go to #2 son's house. 5 of the 7 grandkids will be there. They are getting their own steel targets for Christmas. Talked to the other 2 with via Skype. This grandparent thing is fun.

twc1964
12-25-2014, 05:14 PM
Gifts are unwrapped, paper cleaned up and now getting ready to make our christmas day dinner. Beef enchiladas, beans and rice and hot tortillias. Good times

aspangler
12-25-2014, 05:49 PM
No one here but me and the dog. Wish I had grandchildren but the daughter can't have them. Sad time for me with my mother dead and in Heaven. Wish I was there sometimes.

Bullshop Junior
12-25-2014, 05:51 PM
I bought myself a set of scope caps for my 223. And some spray paint for the stock.

1989toddm
12-25-2014, 10:08 PM
No one here but me and the dog. Wish I had grandchildren but the daughter can't have them. Sad time for me with my mother dead and in Heaven. Wish I was there sometimes.

Sending a prayer up for you brother to our Father. In His time, he makes all things beautiful in His time, not ours. Hard to have patience sometimes.

country gent
12-25-2014, 10:27 PM
Been a rough week here so far saturday night sunday morning daughter and I had to make a flying trip into the city where we meet up with a keep the peace squad and picked up my oldest daughter from a mild over dose. Tried to get her to go to a rehab center at one of the hospitals to no avail. Shes 29 so theres no forcing here or admiting her with out her okay. SHe did seem okay today but in the same area same friends well...... I got up early this moring looked at some pics from christmass past with my wife in them remebered her and caring nature. Reminiced on our 18 years together and all we did. Fixed a light breakfast and got ready for my families christmas dinner. Went to Mom and Dads and had a nice dinner with the family. My daughters and son were there and sistyer with her husband. Had a wonderful time with the 2 grandsons (3 years and 6 months) Spoiled both of them is true grandfather traditions. Other than the sister and her husband getting on the oldest daughter pretty hard about the weekend it went very well. Sister was on me to give up driving again told her when I did the local stores would have to put hitiching post back up as I would be riding a horse before being dependant on someone. LOL.All in all it was a good day and was enjoyable, but any meal I dont have to cook myself rates pretty high. A Merry Christmas to all and a wonderful New Years to everyone.

Bad Water Bill
12-25-2014, 11:17 PM
Just me here so I have to look after myself.

Please note the nice new GOLDEN BOOLIT I got for myself for Christmas.:bigsmyl2:

MaryB
12-26-2014, 12:06 AM
Stayed home, in recovery mode from a CT Myelogram where they draw out some spinal fluid and inject dye, massive headache that is slowly fading...

I did buy myself a nice pair of 50bmg bottle openers from the swap section here. Best made that I have seen.

smoked turkey
12-26-2014, 12:16 AM
Those Golden Boolits sure do look good on you Bill!
Just the wife and I here today. Did our family Christmas earlier in the week. We had a great time with the family. Played table games, went for walks, ate too much, and in general had a lot of fun being together. Opened nice gifts and gave nice gifts. The wife and I enjoy giving to our kids and grandkids. This year the kids also were in the giving mood. Not that gifts are so important or that they take the place of the real meaning of Christmas. It is nice though when you can get something for someone and they truly appreciate it. All in all we had a spectactular Christmas. Now to get back to the routine.

btroj
12-26-2014, 11:00 AM
Just me here so I have to look after myself.

Please note the nice new GOLDEN BOOLIT I got for myself for Christmas.:bigsmyl2:

Come on Bill, tell the truth.

He got those for the two intelligible posts he has made. I'm starting to think he has Girty post for him.

BrassMagnet
12-26-2014, 11:07 AM
My evil sister got to pull the same line with the same results on nine more!
She sure enjoyed it!
Did I mention she is also a CCW instructor?