PDA

View Full Version : Well why not ?

Harter66
12-24-2014, 11:19 AM
Christmas eve 2014
I went to bed last night after reading that there were more cops killed basically because of the clothes on their back and a particular religious sect calling credibly for violence against any who would celebrate the life of a particular son .
By now you're just skimming looking for the point. I guess the point is that those days of silver bells, jack frost,chestnuts and silent night have gone . Sure they are found in little rural pockets here and there,hopefully in the homes of everyone here . You know you want to even if you are not celebrating a birth 2014 yr ago, throw that big old steak on and drink to the days getting longer.* Great you don't drink and you're a vegetarian, share a glass of hot water with your over priced artichoke, humor me.

Despite all of the rage and hate and racial **** my wish on this day is that like all those Hans ,Franz ,Nigels and Georges* 100 yr ago in muddy bloody hell of the trenches ,we can put it all aside for a day or 2 . I know it's not terribly practical to think that it will happen but maybe just maybe .

Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, a pleasant solis,quaint Kwanzaa and just because of jet lag Happy Boxing Day.

And a little bit of high desert wonder.

Digger
12-24-2014, 11:30 AM
Thank you very much for that Harter and what a beautiful picture ...
May you and yours and all who grace these pages have a wonderful Christmas ..in Christ's name .

TXGunNut
12-25-2014, 12:46 AM
At first I wanted to respond to the first sentence of your post but I won't. 100 years from now nobody will care about yesterday's issues, I certainly won't. Merry Christmas and a happy New Year.