PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody have an H&R 38-55 target model...

twotrees
02-18-2008, 02:49 PM
and a set of dial mic's?? The wifes is at H&R to get repaired and I just had a brain Far.......er.... storm. I need to know the dia of the bbl at the rear two holes that mount the williams sight or the scope rail.

If this works I'll post the results here.

I'll also post this in the gunsmithing section.

Thanks in advance,

TwoTrees

boommer
02-18-2008, 03:35 PM
1.109 there you go

twotrees
02-18-2008, 03:57 PM
I'm thinking about trying to make up 2 diff long range sight arangments for the H&R, and need to fit the contor of the chamber end.

If you take a square block of steel and bore it the right dia. then make mounting holes for a standard Lyman sight, that would bolt to the block (For the ones I have it needs to be round). You should gain a lot better sight and sight range than with the Williams they come with.

The other would be a modification of the Lyman #21 sight that would replace the scope mount on top of the receiver. Again to mate the new blocks I need to start with your diamention and the Weaver rail hole spacing to get it locked down.

Now just to make them thick enough to hold and not so high as to interfer with low sight settings.

I'll make the prototypes out of plastic, until I get everything right then make them out of good steel.

Thanks Again,

TwoTrees