PDA

View Full Version : Need help on value of this gun please

Outer Rondacker
12-23-2014, 08:41 AM
I have a marlin 336-44. Year is 1965 based on the AA in number. Gun looks like it was just taken out of the box. I love it but recent events have left me to part with my collection. A friend is interested but we have no clue what value of the gun is. If you have an idea please help me figure this out. Thanks.

If this post is in the wrong place I am sorry I did not know where to put it.

gtgeorge
12-23-2014, 08:48 AM
Gun values board would be a good place to look. http://gunvaluesboard.com I usually search closed auctions on GB first for similar that actually sold but doubt you will find one similar. It would be something I would love to have :)

Another method would have been whatever you both thought would be fair but sounds like that one is out.

izzyjoe
12-23-2014, 11:03 AM
I would venture to say somewhere around $600+, if it's in very nice shape as you say. Marlin didn't make those but just a few years, and then they reinterduced the 1894 in 44mag in the late 60's. But also like gtgeorge said a fair price that both you and you're freind can agree on would be good as well.

gtgeorge
12-23-2014, 12:49 PM
Had a chance to run the search on GB now that I am on a real computer
http://www.gunbroker.com/All/Completed%2FBCI.aspx?Keywords=marlin+336+44+magnum&Timeframe=1
Seems a 1964 one with a few dings went for $640

Outer Rondacker
12-23-2014, 01:17 PM
Thank you guys. My friend as I said is a bit of a cheap butt. He offered me 300. I paid 600 four years ago from an estate sale. Had paperwork with every gun there from the little old man who owned them all.The gun was still in the box. I was doing some reading and I guess from what I found there was a saddle ring version and a none ring version. Mine has the ring. Said it was more rare. Dont know if this is true. It took me many a year to get a lever in 44 and I am still looking for a 357. Guess I can put that looking to rest. I really dont want to see it go.

Thanks for all the help now I have an idea. Also thanks for the web site. It looks to be a big help with parting out my collection.

starmac
12-23-2014, 02:36 PM
Some friend. lol.....

izzyjoe
12-23-2014, 02:42 PM
If you have the original box, and it's a SRC, that's a whole different story! You may be better off listing it on a website like GB, or somewhere you can get more exposure, ie more money! Wish I had more financial flow, I'd be willing to make an offer!