PDA

View Full Version : TC white mt carbine

True.grit
12-21-2014, 11:39 PM
Hello, I picked up a TC white mt carbine and took to the range today. Good shooter BUT it has about a 15lb trigger. Anyone out there that has fixed this problem? I have a renegade with a set trigger so I have been spoiled. Any suggestion would be appreciated. thank you

OverMax
12-22-2014, 02:15 AM
Welcome to the world of White Mtn carbines. I have one in 54 cal. It too has a heavy trigger pull. Don't know of anyone who has ever managed to reduced the pull weight of a T/C single trigger myself. I suppose you could ask the Moderator of this column. He would know if its possible and how to go about doing it.

True.grit
12-22-2014, 07:08 PM
Great little shooter. I am thinking about getting a dbl trigger and fitting it. I have never attempted this before but I think it would work. I would rather alter the stock one though.

quilbilly
12-22-2014, 11:42 PM
My White Mtn Carbine also has an absolutely horrible trigger (floppy then heavy but not 15#) but it is so accurate with sabots and 429 boolits out to 250 yards that I decided to just get used to it probably 20 years ago. At 100 yards it is MOA with 78 gr of 3F Goex even with the factory open sights. The problem is how quickly it rusts so I only use it on dry days or in Eastern Washington's desert hunts. Obviously rust is not an issue for you in Arizona but keep the outside well oiled anyway.

True.grit
12-23-2014, 12:22 AM
There is not any flop to the trigger but it sure is strong. Maybe not 15 lb but it is heavy when you are comparing it to a set trigger. I have read you can change the coil spring but I have not be able to find yet. I hunt the AZ Sonoran desert it is mainly dry but this year we have gotten a lot of rain. I can not wait to get it in the field for a hunt. Good tip on the oil.