PDA

View Full Version : RCBS advanced powder measure/trickler stand

Dr.S
12-20-2014, 11:24 PM
http://youtu.be/vpXaOVTjl1g

Is this a joke er what ?

they ought to call it a powder raceway or static generator.

dragonrider
12-20-2014, 11:40 PM
It's right here on their website
http://shop.rcbs.com/Products/Powder-Measures-and-Scales/Powder-Measures/Tricklers/Powder-Trickler-System-Combo.aspx

Dr.S
12-21-2014, 01:08 AM
It's right here on their website
http://shop.rcbs.com/Products/Powder-Measures-and-Scales/Powder-Measures/Tricklers/Powder-Trickler-System-Combo.aspx
ya,I know its legit.It just seems to be the answer to a problem that don't exist.
and a cheesy one at that.

r1kk1
12-21-2014, 10:26 AM
ya,I know its legit.It just seems to be the answer to a problem that don't exist.
and a cheesy one at that.

+1

take care

r1kk1

W.R.Buchanan
12-21-2014, 06:00 PM
OK guys: Before you laugh,,, I have to disagree as I actually have one and have been using it to load my rifle rounds for the last 6 months. It is much faster than My Lyman DPS III Electronic Powder Dispenser.

It is a simple drop tube with a small Powder Trickler integrated in it. It actually works great!

You set it up just like you would do a PM with a Trickler next to a scale. You drop short directly into the pan on the scale and trickle in the remainder. You don't have to fiddle with the pan other than dumping your charge and putting it back on the scale. Not like dropping the charge into the pan, putting the pan on the scale, trickling the charge to exact and then removing the pan to dump your charge into the cartridge case.

It eliminates several steps. this is a good thing!

The fact that the Trickler is built into the drop tube just makes the whole mess simpler to operate as you don't have a separate Trickler getting in the way on the scale. I have one of those too.

I can throw an exact charge in about 10 seconds, and there is no static cling.

I currently use mine in conjunction with a Frankford Arsenal digital scale, but I am looking for an RCBS 1010 for a failsafe instrument with no batteries to go bad.

I know some say it looks hokey, but it is made well and really does work great.

I am actually selling my Lyman DPS III soon. It is a PITA to set up, takes 30 min to "warm up," and last time I used it I got a bunch of odd charges out of it and ended up having to weigh every single charge independently to make sure I wasn't getting a big charge. It also takes about 15 minutes to clean it out and put it away, as you can't just leave it sitting on your bench since it takes up so much room.

I was very disappointed with that $300 investment!

When you buy this accessory you get the Drop Tube/Trickler assembly, and the PM Stand. It is the new style stand and is higher than the older RCBS PM Stand.

I say again don't knock it until you've tried it.

Randy

Dr.S
12-21-2014, 06:22 PM
OK guys: Before you laugh,,, I have to disagree as I actually have one and have been using it to load my rifle rounds for the last 6 months. It is much faster than My Lyman DPS III Electronic Powder Dispenser.

It is a simple drop tube with a small Powder Trickler integrated in it. It actually works great!

You set it up just like you would do a PM with a Trickler next to a scale. You drop short directly into the pan on the scale and trickle in the remainder. You don't have to fiddle with the pan other than dumping your charge and putting it back on the scale. Not like dropping the charge into the pan, putting the pan on the scale, trickling the charge to exact and then removing the pan to dump your charge into the cartridge case.

It eliminates several steps. this is a good thing!

The fact that the Trickler is built into the drop tube just makes the whole mess simpler to operate as you don't have a separate Trickler getting in the way on the scale. I have one of those too.

I can throw an exact charge in about 10 seconds, and there is no static cling.

I currently use mine in conjunction with a Frankford Arsenal digital scale, but I am looking for an RCBS 1010 for a failsafe instrument with no batteries to go bad.

I know some say it looks hokey, but it is made well and really does work great.

I am actually selling my Lyman DPS III soon. It is a PITA to set up, takes 30 min to "warm up," and last time I used it I got a bunch of odd charges out of it and ended up having to weigh every single charge independently to make sure I wasn't getting a big charge. It also takes about 15 minutes to clean it out and put it away, as you can't just leave it sitting on your bench since it takes up so much room.

I was very disappointed with that $300 investment!

When you buy this accessory you get the Drop Tube/Trickler assembly, and the PM Stand. It is the new style stand and is higher than the older RCBS PM Stand.

I say again don't knock it until you've tried it.

Randy
hey,as long as you like it the hell with everyone else.

i got this to "auger up" powder into the hopper.

http://i.imgur.com/9XSMQJO.jpg

W.R.Buchanan
12-21-2014, 06:38 PM
Where did you get that? I want one!!!!!!

Randy

Dr.S
12-21-2014, 06:44 PM
Where did you get that? I want one!!!!!!

Randy
i got the last one...sorry

W.R.Buchanan
12-21-2014, 07:19 PM
Damn! :bigsmyl2:

Randy