PDA

View Full Version : The wealth of information on this site is staggering!

JWFilips
12-20-2014, 04:49 PM
Hi Folks,
I have been here for a number of years and this place never ceases to amaze me! With the addition of the "Google Custom Search" feature..... a member ( or for that matter anyone ) can "ask a question" in the search string and find the answer to almost anything about Shooting , reloading or casting , etc & get answers from real life experiences of knowledgeable members . And to boot, there will be multiple hits. This not only is a treasure trove for the newbie / new members, but also a great asset for established members looking to have a question answered instantly..without posting a new thread!
This truly is a great place & I'm so glad that I'm a part of it.
Jim

Bad Water Bill
12-20-2014, 05:11 PM
Lets not forget some of the fun and laughter that came out of the pit this year.

Many folks enjoyed (I hope) the adventures of my ever faithful Mule Girty wandering across country to kick BS JR or some other person with no decent respect for our home right where the padding is the best.

From Girty and Bad Water Bill "MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL HERE".

MtGun44
12-21-2014, 07:42 PM
And Heck, some of it is actually true! :kidding:

Welcome to the madness and Merry Christmas, sir. A lot of good
folks here.

Bill

btroj
12-21-2014, 08:11 PM
Bill, Girty is welcome to come visit anytime she wants. The rendering plant is just down the road.

That new search function is so much better than what we had.

Bad Water Bill
12-21-2014, 08:23 PM
Bill, Girty is welcome to come visit anytime she wants. The rendering plant is just down the road.

Girty will be more than glad to get YOU to that place for rendering if that is what you REALLY want for Christmas.

Girty wants to know if there is enough of you left to make it worth while to deliver you there for rendering.:bigsmyl2:

Lloyd Smale
12-23-2014, 09:16 AM
heck in a couple year youll be telling the oldtimers here they don't know what there talking about. Some do it in as little as 6months:popcorn:

btroj
12-23-2014, 10:41 AM
Come on Lloyd, you don't know what you're talking about.:shock:

Some don't even wait 6 months.

cbrick
12-23-2014, 11:03 AM
heck in a couple year youll be telling the oldtimers here they don't know what there talking about. Some do it in as little as 6months:popcorn:

Come on Lloyd, you don't know what you're talking about.:shock:

Some don't even wait 6 months.

That's because it's very important for old wives tales to live forever, they must be put forth for all. :veryconfu

Rick

nagantguy
12-23-2014, 11:19 AM
How long must one be here to be a true "old timer" cause I still don't know what I'm talking about half the time, I've learned so much here in such a short time my casting sessions are more enjoyed more efficient finish product better and I'm better able to trouble shoot any problems, as a result I get more Tigger time and my shooting may have even improved some, the groups can now at least be mesured with something other that a survayers tape!

btroj
12-23-2014, 11:22 AM
That's because it's very important for old wives tales to live forever, they must be put forth for all. :veryconfu

Rick

Says the man who taught me how to smoke a mould and use wax as a flux........:oops:

Lloyd Smale
12-23-2014, 11:35 AM
when you get your first million bullets casted you can apply for an apprenticeship in the old timers club. :castmine: Then you complete the 4 year apprenticeship during which you cannot take sides in any argument between two oldtimers because there both ALLWAYS RIGHT any old timer on here can demand your whole lead stash and you have to personaly deliver it to there door within two days. [smilie=w:[Keep in mind too that once you get the title of oldtimer you have the awesome responsibility of allways being right even when you yourself know your wrong and are posting something just to win an argument.:veryconfu
How long must one be here to be a true "old timer" cause I still don't know what I'm talking about half the time, I've learned so much here in such a short time my casting sessions are more enjoyed more efficient finish product better and I'm better able to trouble shoot any problems, as a result I get more Tigger time and my shooting may have even improved some, the groups can now at least be mesured with something other that a survayers tape!

RayinNH
12-23-2014, 11:43 AM
A little thread drift, I noticed Bill got number 10,000 in this thread. Congratulations Sir [smilie=s:.

cbrick
12-23-2014, 11:44 AM
Old timers at the OK corral. :mrgreen:

JonB_in_Glencoe
12-23-2014, 12:00 PM
Old timers at the OK corral. :mrgreen:

totally hillarious,
BUT,
No tin ?

WILCO
12-23-2014, 12:00 PM
A little thread drift, I noticed Bill got number 10,000 in this thread. Congratulations Sir [smilie=s:.

Congratulations! I recently broke 6,600 myself, but didn't want to toot my horn too loudly...........

geargnasher
12-23-2014, 12:14 PM
totally hillarious,
BUT,
No tin ?

Old timers know tin isn't necessary and can cast better-shooting bullets without it......

JWF, don't forget people can always use the PM function too, I still field a lot of good questions privately and I'm sure a lot of others do as well.

Gear

geargnasher
12-23-2014, 12:16 PM
Congratulations! I recently broke 6,600 myself, but didn't want to toot my horn too loudly...........

The Sombrero is a special qualification here.....secret society and such, post count irrelevant to that. :mrgreen:

Gear

cbrick
12-23-2014, 12:26 PM
The Sombrero is a special qualification here.....secret society and such, post count irrelevant to that. :mrgreen:

Gear

I got one of those hats too. [smilie=s:

btroj
12-23-2014, 12:30 PM
Rick, you would certainly qualify.

And liscences? We don't need no steenkin liscences.....

btroj
12-23-2014, 12:33 PM
THere is another secret society of hat wearers here too, they just don't know it.

http://i1348.photobucket.com/albums/p733/Btroj/imagejpg1_zps80bad0ea.jpg (http://s1348.photobucket.com/user/Btroj/media/imagejpg1_zps80bad0ea.jpg.html)

Bad Water Bill
12-23-2014, 01:32 PM
use wax as a flux.

Now what am I going to do with the stash of "MASTODON RENDERINGS" that I have been saving because "MASTER CASTER LLOYD" taught me it was the best man would ever develop.

As far as REAL secret societies go, how many here have worked hard enough to EARN the coveted mule in the avitar award?:bigsmyl2:

btroj
12-23-2014, 01:35 PM
That's a mule? I thought it was Bill!

Lloyd is now the official leader of the "Old Tiemrs Club"

cbrick
12-23-2014, 01:36 PM
Mule in Avatar? Got ya beat. [smilie=s:

btroj
12-23-2014, 01:37 PM
Damn Rick, your kids look like your ex

cbrick
12-23-2014, 01:45 PM
X? Nah, here's a pic of the X.

btroj
12-23-2014, 01:48 PM
Great, now I need to go flux my eyes, with wax

runfiverun
12-23-2014, 02:15 PM
you know I almost got a mule in the avatar once in panama.
thank god I was quick enough to get away as it fell from the stage.
we didn't have cell phones back then so no pictures exist of the event except the fuzzy ones forever etched into a few AF guy's brains.

Bad Water Bill
12-23-2014, 02:30 PM
No pictures

It never happened:bigsmyl2:

geargnasher
12-23-2014, 05:35 PM
X? Nah, here's a pic of the X.

Maybe he meant one of the other ones. I'd love to see those wedding pics....

Next time, maybe try one of these?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c4/Lleyn_sheep.jpg/270px-Lleyn_sheep.jpg

:bigsmyl2:

Gear

btroj
12-23-2014, 05:55 PM
It may be that is started as one of those and morphed over time? Rings tend to do that I hear.

cbrick
12-23-2014, 05:58 PM
:mrgreen: Sheep isn't correct. Wedding pictures didn't look bad but she put on over 50 pounds in the first 6 months we were married. Was well over 300 by the time we got divorced and somewhere well north of 500 the last time I saw her and not slowing down any. Ate herself to death several years ago, glad I wasn't one of the 12 pallbearers. :veryconfu

Can we do thread drift or what? [smilie=1:

Rick

btroj
12-23-2014, 06:02 PM
This is beyond drift. This sucker is under propulsion way off course. I blame Run, he is a mod and should be leading us down an appropriate path/

Not that we would follow...

cbrick
12-23-2014, 06:04 PM
you know I almost got a mule in the avatar once in panama.
thank god I was quick enough to get away as it fell from the stage.
we didn't have cell phones back then so no pictures exist of the event except the fuzzy ones forever etched into a few AF guy's brains.

Leading us? Ya right! he's part of the drift. [smilie=s:

Rick

geargnasher
12-23-2014, 06:09 PM
Speaking of drift, did anyone mention cam phasers and the canyon drive to Dick Casull's house?

Gear

btroj
12-23-2014, 06:10 PM
Gear, I dont k ow what a cam phaser is. Sounds like a weapon Captain Kirk would have used.

MtGun44
12-24-2014, 01:11 AM
"leading us?" ---- I thought old timers had it figured out how not to get
any leading in the barrel? :bigsmyl2:

Drift implies accidental, small changes from intended course. This would not
qualify.

Bill

btroj
12-24-2014, 07:30 AM
Bill, could you live with "thread hijacking"?

I thought a drift was a section of a mine or a kind of punch.

MtGun44
12-24-2014, 06:29 PM
Hijacking is way closer to the reality. :bigsmyl2:

Here nice guy tries to give us a compliment. . . . . :groner:

Bill

RayinNH
12-25-2014, 11:21 AM
I thought a drift was a section of a mine or a kind of punch.

A "drift" is a pile of wind driven snow. It gets piled pretty deeply here at times, so ya drift works [smilie=1:.

dtknowles
12-25-2014, 12:17 PM
This is beyond drift. This sucker is under propulsion way off course. I blame Run, he is a mod and should be leading us down an appropriate path/

Not that we would follow...

The port screw is turning hard and the rudder is jammed.

Tim

JWFilips
12-25-2014, 02:13 PM
As The OP of this thread, I'm delighted to see the response, especially from many of my favorite "mentors" of this forum! Yes those "big hat" guys ....they lead me on the correct path over the years.
Knowing that the gang is all together and here posting again .....makes My Christmas special!:bigsmyl2: Drift as it will!
Jim

Bad Water Bill
12-25-2014, 02:35 PM
As The OP of this thread, I'm delighted to see the response, especially from many of my favorite "mentors" of this forum! Yes those "big hat" guys ....they lead me on the correct path over the years.
Knowing that the gang is all together and here posting again .....makes My Christmas special!:bigsmyl2: Drift as it will!
Jim

Sad to mention it but FELIX will not be joining us this year for our Christmas greetings..

JWFilips
12-25-2014, 03:49 PM
Sad to mention it but FELIX will not be joining us this year for our Christmas greetings..

Yes it is very sad! Many times searching the archives I find his posts.....So much wisdom. We have been blessed indeed!