PDA

View Full Version : holster noise

white eagle
12-19-2014, 03:04 PM
I have a crossbreed holster that squeaks terrible..
I have oiled it and it still sounds like I and an old wooden ship coming
any suggestions?
What the sense of concealing it if it gives you away with noise.?

Djones
12-19-2014, 03:15 PM
I have never held a crossbreed but from the pictures it looks like it has plastic parts. Could you glue some thin leather onto the plastic parts that are rubbing? I do a lot of work with leather and I wish I could help you out more!

LUCKYDAWG13
12-19-2014, 06:42 PM
LOL mine did too baby powder will help. or if some one asks just tell them you had a hip replacement
and keep a straight face

coffeeguy
12-19-2014, 07:02 PM
Ditto on the baby powder. Plus, for all anyone knows, the 'squeaking' could be a cell phone holder, or just a leather belt...I'd think it's more likely that someone might see the firearm printing before they'd recognize noise from the holster. Nonetheless, it's a good point, concealed should be concealed, noise, sight or otherwise.

scattershot
12-19-2014, 07:17 PM
New leather squeaks like that until it's worn in. Why not call Crossbreed and see if they have a solution?

white eagle
12-19-2014, 08:42 PM
LOL mine did too baby powder will help. or if some one asks just tell them you had a hip replacement
and keep a straight face

Ya know whats ironic about that is that I have a hip replacement

LUCKYDAWG13
12-19-2014, 11:03 PM
well are you sure its the Holster then :bigsmyl2:

5Shot
12-19-2014, 11:11 PM
Baby Powder, BUT...it can wear the finish.

Mohillbilly
12-20-2014, 12:56 AM
New leather holsters squeak usually where it is tightly sewn . I oil the threads .

Baja_Traveler
12-20-2014, 02:03 AM
My Crossbreed does the same thing - I discovered that all the noise was coming from the Kydex belt clips rubbing on the smooth leather as I moved. My solution was to use a product called "Wet Suit Ez" - its a super slick teflon type powder sold in dive shops to make getting into wet suits and dry suits easier. Tiny touch of powder between the kydex and leather makes the holster completely silent. Its cheap, and you can find it at Sport Chalet or any dive shop...

white eagle
12-20-2014, 12:45 PM
not to many dive shops in Wisconsin but thanks for the tip
I have something similar its called wadslick for shotshell reloading, will try that