PDA

View Full Version : Richard Corbin Making Sea Girt Press Again

rolltide
12-19-2014, 12:39 AM
I don't know if this has been posted by someone else, but I noticed Richard Corbin is making his Sea Girt press again. If you are looking for a reasonably priced swaging press of top quality. This is the package. I already own Richard's more robust Walnut Hill press and several die sets from Richard. Everything I have bought from Richard has been the very best quality, and Richard has been a fine gentleman to deal with on each transaction.

Here is a link to the Sea Girt

http://rceco.com/MN.asp?pg=products&specific=86&from=36

Roll Tide

midnight
12-19-2014, 10:20 AM
I will echo rolltide's sentiments. To my mind, Richard builds the finest swaging equipment available and at reasonable prices. Richard's wife has now retired too and they plan on doing a lot more together. As for me, I'll be trying to get as much of his stuff as I can as soon as I can. This can't last forever because I"m sure Richard will be slowing down production some. I don't believe he's in it for the money or he would be charging more than he does.

Bob

R.Ph. 380
12-19-2014, 07:35 PM
That is an outstanding price for a press and it should do whatever you need for swaging. Be sure to get the proper swaging dies for the press.

Bill

rolltide
12-19-2014, 11:05 PM
Actually, because the press is threaded 7/8 x 14, you can use Richard Corbin's dies, BT Sniper dies, or any other dies meant for a reloading press. The Sea Girt is a dedicated swaging press because the stroke is too short for reloading. The Walnut Hill uses the same dies, looks like it has a bit more mechanical advantage (i.e. leverage) than the Sea Girt, and has a 2 position pin to adjust the stroke to reload or swage. But for a dedicated swaging press, the Sea Girt looks like the way to go. Richard uses American cast iron for the press toggles (no welds to bust.) Like Midnight said, I don't know how long Richard will keep making them, but I am glad I got mine. I have no doubt it will outlast me.

Roll Tide

goblism
12-21-2014, 02:05 AM
How well does the walnut hill work for reloading, have no reason to buy a single stage but also will never sewage more than 45 pistol or maybe 475 pistol. Debating if I should go the walnut hill or the sea girt. Either way I need the reloading adapter as I have 2 sets of reloading style swaging dies

rolltide
12-21-2014, 08:41 PM
The Walnut Hill works great for reloading except the length of travel for the lever is greater than a reloading press. Where it really shines is effortlessly full length resizing long cases like my 30-06. If you have no problem resizing what you reload, I would just go with the Sea Girt for swaging. You can also email Richard Corbin exactly what you want to do. I have found him actually recommending I DON'T buy something from him if he doesn't think it would be necessary for me. He is very honest that way. He usually replies quickly to such emails, unless he has had something personal come up. He is a one man shop, so if he or his wife get sick or something else happens, stuff just waits until he can get to it. I find his kind of honestly refreshing.

Roll Tide

pertnear
01-01-2015, 07:46 PM
Everything I have bought from Richard has been the very best quality, and Richard has been a fine gentleman to deal with on each transaction.
I just bought my first swaging equipment from RCE & I'll definitely agree with rolltide on my dealings with Mr. Corbin as being EXCELLENT! I ordered the Sea Girt press, de-rimmer & I am waiting on the arrival of my .224 punch/die set. I am very pleased with the quality/fit/finish/function of the Sea Girt. In a phone conversation, Richard said that his next batch of Sea Girt presses will have some improvements but he didn't elaborate. I ordered from RCE after a very bad experience trying to buy from a vendor on eBay & save a few bucks.

BTW: The swaging threads I've found here on castboolits have really got me "fired-up" & even though I haven't made a bullet yet, I've found some great info that should go a long way in helping me get started.