PDA

View Full Version : Polywads.

JeffinNZ
02-17-2008, 04:58 AM
Team.

Anyone using polywads in any loads? LDPE or PVC wads that is.

44man
02-17-2008, 08:40 AM
Only on top of black powder! The powder needs compressed and the powder, wad and boolit need to be all in contact.
If used with smokeless I would make sure the powder fills enough of the case to keep the wad in contact with the boolit also. I don't like the idea of a second projectile in the case.

NSP64
02-17-2008, 09:19 AM
Team.

Anyone using polywads in any loads? LDPE or PVC wads that is.

Aren't those frogs?:-D

JeffinNZ
02-17-2008, 05:14 PM
Aren't those frogs?:-D

Frogs as fillers. Interesting idea but I reckon the legs would inhibit loading. [smilie=1:

Bass Ackward
02-17-2008, 06:18 PM
Jeff,

You know, I think that everyone goes through a stage where they try .... just ..... about everything that comes down the pike. Some things offer advantages to you that someone else will say ain't worth a darn. Just as soon as you think you found the holly grail, either it fails for you, or along comes the next wild haired scheme.

Anymore, I am just plain getting lazy. I don't have the time and I don't have room for all that darn crap either. Clear it out and you have room for more molds and the important stuff. I just develop loads and use good lubes, mold and size to handle the pressure so that I don't have to shove anything that don't fall from a tumbler in that case if I don't wanna. And I don't wanna.

Funny thing is that works too. And then it don't. See the pattern?

If you need it to solve a problem, by all means use it. Or not.