PDA

View Full Version : Mauser HSc

Scharfschuetze
12-14-2014, 10:42 PM
The wife and I spent the morning at the Puyallup gun show today. Not a whole lot of interesting stuff, but a Mauser HSc caught my eye. I've always thought they were a fine looking pistol and have always had a craving for one, but their price was always a bit more than I wanted to spend.

While I couldn't say if it had been shot or not, I found no signs of any rounds having been fired in it and absolutely no wear on the blueing. It had the factory box and paperwork and the price was less than a new plastic or aluminum wonder gun. Long story short, it came home with me.

It has the old Interarms logo on it as well as the Mauser Banner so I guess it was imported in the early 70s. Looks like it probably just sat in a drawer or safe all of that time.

Hardcast416taylor
12-14-2014, 11:53 PM
Very nice! I`ve always told myself that I wanted to own one of these, still haven`t got one.Robert

pworley1
12-15-2014, 12:46 AM
If the later made HSc shoot as well as the ones from the 40's do, then you are in for some shooting enjoyment.

pietro
12-15-2014, 01:04 AM

I bought a (then) new Interarms Mauser HSC in .380, in the mid-70's - It was a sweet shooter, and IMHO was every bit the equal of the Walther PP.

Scharfschuetze
12-15-2014, 03:22 AM
Well, I hope that I have the same experience with it that you have had. Back in the 70s as an LEO, I carried a Walther PP as a back up gun, but always wanted an HSc. I guess you always want what you don't have, so now I've got one!

Cleaned it up and wiped out all the old dried up lube and didn't find any carbon or jacket fouling, so I guess it's a safe bet that it's an unfired specimen.

Rick R
12-16-2014, 08:19 AM
Kind of like the IROC Camero someone recently found. Been in storage for decades with 4 miles on the odometer. Sometimes you wonder what people are thinking.

I always thought the HSc was a handsome little pistol. Great find, hope it serves you well. ,

MtGun44
12-18-2014, 03:22 AM
The only issue with these old Euro-.380s is that they are not locked
breech guns, so recoil is amazingly high for a .380, compared to modern
guns with locked breech. Walther PPKs are amazingly snappy for a heavy
as heck, all-steel .380.

That said - I was contemplating a HSc at the last gun show. . . . . more than
usual, for sure.

Bill

historicfirearms
12-18-2014, 08:36 AM
Let us know how it shoots. I know where there is one exactly like it for sale and I am very tempted to give it a good home.