PDA

View Full Version : A beautiful tradition.

Harter66
12-13-2014, 01:40 PM
Where is all of the negative BS coming from?

If anyone has an excuse to be down it ought to be me. I have a history of dead friends and family just in time for the holidays but only 18 of the last 23 deaths have been between 11/1 and 12/30. This year is no exception Having lost my grandmother on All Hallows day ....... I'm sorry did that offend someone TS. I also lost 2 coworkers this last month and a half .

Here's a little more offense for your senses . We celebrate the birth of a guy flogged by the Romans and Crucified by Jews not because he was an illbegotten son of a Great Omnipresent Deity (see how I did that wit out naming a particular Deity) . We celebrate his life by imitating his selfless giving . It's not about the winter solis or whatever it's about SELFLESS GIVING. For what/whoevers sake maybe even your own (you know just in case you don't believe there's something grater than conception and death) sake just enjoy the the thing if someone says Happy Kwansa just smile and say hey you too.

I guess this makes me a soft liberal type ,I've been called that of late. I'm just so sick of it all ,maybe I should just stay away from the forum a while ,but there are just so many great people here I just hate that it gets all screwed up by a few that feel the need to argue a subject that they agree with and turn a feel good post into some dark waste of time.

Now if you'll excuse me I have to go to a funeral and play Santa to a near complete stranger.
Merry Christmas or whatever you do or don't celebrate.

Janoosh
12-13-2014, 01:52 PM
Harter66, Thank You sir, and a very Merry and Joyous Christmas to you and your family.

TXGunNut
12-13-2014, 02:05 PM
When I was quite young I used to wonder why my grandparents seemed sad at times during the holidays. This is supposed to be a happy time of year but as generations pass I now know they were remembering happy times of Christmas long past. Christmas nowadays brings a certain amount of sadness to me as well, there are many people I miss this time of year and not many that I care to be around but I'll remember the Reason for the season and make the most of it.

Love Life
12-13-2014, 03:22 PM
I heart gifts.

Garyshome
12-13-2014, 03:24 PM
Just be thankful for the ones who are still hangin' around!

1989toddm
12-15-2014, 01:32 PM
Thank you harter66 and a Merry Christmas to all members here. The real reason is JESUS!! I understand the sadness at times seeing our culture but there still just as much Reason to be Glad!

CastingFool
12-15-2014, 08:19 PM
Thank you harter66 and a Merry Christmas to all members here. The real reason is JESUS!! I understand the sadness at times seeing our culture but there still just as much Reason to be Glad!

AMEN, brother!

MrWolf
12-15-2014, 08:41 PM
Merry Christmas to everyone here. See, if they don't like it oh well not gonna bother me :bigsmyl2:

Harter66
12-15-2014, 10:05 PM
Shucks fellas I just get a burr under my saddle from time to time. I guess I haven't "managed" the losses this time as well as I should have. I may have been taking it out on innocents in a way. I'm glad to be part of such a unique and diverse group.

dtknowles
12-16-2014, 12:08 AM
My Dad, Mom and Wife all died in December before Christmas in different years. My Fiancé is having a Christmas party this year and I am not allowed to be a poop.

Tim