PDA

View Full Version : Para GI 1911 ejector

BeeMan
12-13-2014, 12:35 PM
deleted

newton
12-13-2014, 07:32 PM
How many rounds do you have through that thing so far? I just bought one of their new 1911's. I was cautious at first, but it sounds like they redid the trouble areas on the old GI models.

BD
12-13-2014, 11:14 PM
EGW makes an oversize one that you file down to fit your particular need. I've used this in the past to match up a slide when the ejector slot was off set from the "standard" ejector

http://www.brownells.com/handgun-parts/action-parts/ejector-parts/ejectors/1911-auto-heavy-duty-ejector-prod27442.aspx

Babbott213
12-13-2014, 11:40 PM
Just for the record guys, Para is pretty much no more. The shop has closed up and everything is moving here to Alabama to the new Remington plant. I've been told that the Para name will be going away.

newton
12-14-2014, 11:29 AM
Just for the record guys, Para is pretty much no more. The shop has closed up and everything is moving here to Alabama to the new Remington plant. I've been told that the Para name will be going away.

I heard this also. I didn't hear till after ordering my gun. I am just curious how it will effect warranty and all the other stuff. I hope that the gun is what everyone is claiming it is, the new model that is. If I am correct, they only started making them around the first of 2013. So there are not many out there with a long track record yet. Go figure. I finally decide to bite down and purchase a 1911 and this is what happens.

Babbott213
12-14-2014, 05:17 PM
There is a good Para Facebook page that keeps Para owners up on things. The page isn't run by Para but there is or were some Para employee's on it. All the Para owners are wondering how this is going to affect repairs and the lifetime warranties. Guess time will tell. I own two Para P-12's in 45ACP.

Mohillbilly
12-15-2014, 02:20 AM
I have a Para Wart hog , ten rnds. in a three inch barrel,frame , and non standard stuff includes extractor , take down lever , recoil setup , and para double stack mags . I suppose the ejector is different too , as well. In fact I cannot think of much that would be standard to my warthog . Looks like I need to order a few spares ....