PDA

View Full Version : Hog leg Grip Form

FlatTop45LC
12-12-2014, 09:32 PM
In the past I have struggled with hog legs rolling in my hand and biting me. I have smallish hands for a guy and have always used my whole grip on the revolver grip. Well today I was shooting my Flat Top 45 and warmed up with my Single Six. I tried a grip recommended to me by 44man (and I am sure others). I gripped the revolver to the point just before shaking using a lower hand position with my index finger perfectly horizontal to the trigger and my pinky curled under the grip.

With the Single Six, my groups did not diminish or shift so I tried the 45. The FlatTop did not roll on me anymore. I was better able to follow through my shots and my confidence grew each shot.

I will be using this grip from now on!

chuckbuster
12-13-2014, 01:37 PM
Pinky under helps. I add to it a set of "BearPaw" Grips.

Kevin

44man
12-14-2014, 12:12 PM
Good to hear and you will not have the pain a "roll" can make. the gun with any grip should never move in your hand and it will eliminated the rubber skin eat off too. Just let the recoil bring up your arms without slipping or twisting.

bedbugbilly
12-14-2014, 10:35 PM
I have smaller hands as well and had a problem with my Ruger New Vaquero with the stock grip panels - I picked up a used set of Eagle "gun fighter" grips and put them on the NV - the grip panels are shaped in kind of a "stepped" profile that naturally places my hand in that position - improved my shooting with the NV 100%.