PDA

View Full Version : Long overdue part for Lee powder measures.

wallenba
12-11-2014, 04:17 PM
Ordered some stuff last week from Titan reloading. I also found these items for the Lee Auto-disk powder measures. http://www.titanreloading.com/powder-handling-equipment/titan-micro-charge and

http://www.titanreloading.com/powder-handling-equipment/titan-round-powder-baffle

I used both in the last few days, I believe the baffle works well. The Micro disk works wonders. For the first time, I've been able to use the measure to charge Titegroup in my 380 and 9mm. With mine, the .18cc opening dropped 2.6 grains of Titegroup.... EVERYTIME!:shock:

dikman
12-11-2014, 06:17 PM
I saw those and wondered how good they would be. Late yesterday I ordered a pile of stuff from Titan and got an email that it's already shipped! Excellent service, plus they had everything I wanted in stock, unlike shops here.

troyboy
12-11-2014, 07:55 PM
Another 3d innovation.

wlc
12-11-2014, 08:28 PM
Thanks for that heads up!!!! One of each will be on my next Titan order. I bet that baffle solves a lot of inconsistencies in throwing some powders.

RogerDat
12-11-2014, 09:21 PM
For $6 the baffle sounds like a worthwhile piece of kit to add. Thanks for the heads up, can add it to my wish list so I don't forget it next time I order something.

oldfart1956
12-11-2014, 09:55 PM
Wallenba I thank you...my wallet perhaps not so much. ;) Looking at the new style disk they went to slots instead of holes. Hmmmmm..I wonder if doing the same thing even in the larger sizes would make it more consistant with dropping charges of bulky/fluffy powders? Like TrailBoss/Unique and several rifle stick powders. Titans innovation never ceases to amaze me. Have you tried the die nut tightening thingys yet and did they work? No problem with clearance on the turret press? I see a Christmas order coming. Audie...the wondering Oldfart..

wallenba
12-11-2014, 10:20 PM
Wallenba I thank you...my wallet perhaps not so much. ;) Looking at the new style disk they went to slots instead of holes. Hmmmmm..I wonder if doing the same thing even in the larger sizes would make it more consistant with dropping charges of bulky/fluffy powders? Like TrailBoss/Unique and several rifle stick powders. Titans innovation never ceases to amaze me. Have you tried the die nut tightening thingys yet and did they work? No problem with clearance on the turret press? I see a Christmas order coming. Audie...the wondering Oldfart..

Oldfart, yes I got one of the 'thingys' too. It works best on Lee dies, but many of my non Lee dies are to large for the hole in it. Some situations like the seater die where my Lee bullet feeder is, has too little clearance due to the bracket and the crowding of five die stations on the Loadmaster. It is helpful though.

Bzcraig
12-12-2014, 12:05 AM
Thanks for the heads up, ordering one tomorrow.

dikman
12-12-2014, 05:33 AM
Yep, ordered one of those thingys too! :bigsmyl2:

kungfustyle
12-12-2014, 08:37 AM
and yes, out of stock already. Good idea, however.

too many things
12-12-2014, 05:37 PM
why don't you guys use the adjustable it works better and if you load rifle {not the best idea} you can stack also

dragon813gt
12-12-2014, 05:46 PM
why don't you guys use the adjustable it works better and if you load rifle {not the best idea} you can stack also

It does not work w/ very small charges. This is the reason Lee made the MicroDisk to begin w/. You can buy blank discs from another vendor and drill them to whatever size you want as well.