PDA

View Full Version : Help sizing to .309 in utah

Brandon
12-11-2014, 02:55 AM
Hey everyone, I'm new to casting and have cast some lead for my 300 blk. Used lee alox worked good but I got sub par accuracy out of the lee/midway 230 gr mold. One even tumbled. Just glad my can wasn't attached. (Yes I know many suggest not shooting lead through a can but it breaks apart for cleaning). Anyway I decided to try powder coating but didn't want to buy a bullet sizing die unless I like the results, which is where the help in utah comes into play. I was wondering if someone in Utah, near Clinton or Ogden preferably might be able to size the coated bullets back to .309 for me? There are only around 50 boolits. If they work well in my AR I will purchase the die. Thanks in advance.p.s. Please pm me if you can help

KMac
12-14-2014, 12:31 AM
What size are they dropping at? Most people are sizing them at .311 for the 300Blk. The Lee push thru sizers are only $18.17 at Midsouth Shooters Supply.
http://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/item/0000690038/Lube_and_Size_Kit_point309_Diameter_

starmac
12-16-2014, 08:23 PM
Buy one from Titan. If it doesn't work for you, just list in in the swapping and selling section. I doubt if it costs you over 5 bucks to try it out.