PDA

View Full Version : Lyman mag 25 fin ally in stock

gtgeorge
12-08-2014, 03:02 PM
Just got this notice from Midway that the Lyman pot now actually exists. Since I gave up on it I bought a RCBS Pro Melt and a Master Pot. So who will be the first to get one and review it on CB?
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/267665/lyman-mag-25-digital-melting-furnace-110-volt

OOPS it says coming soon on the site:violin: figures....

Beagle333
12-08-2014, 03:06 PM
Just recently got my Pro-Melt and my PID and am very happy with them. 'Always need another pot though! Subscribed.

jmort
12-08-2014, 03:13 PM
I just don't see how China can come through with this. I don't want to be a Beta Tester. I expect to see QC problems.

M-Tecs
12-08-2014, 04:05 PM
Date expected in stock: Overdue

gtgeorge
12-08-2014, 04:10 PM
Yep I was suckered by the email from Midway only to see the overdue message. If it ever is actually delivered I will watch others reviews and may add one to the bench. I do worry about heat transfer to the PID since it will be part of the enclosure. Guess it is mute at this point since it has been coming soon for quite some time!

Hardcast416taylor
12-08-2014, 05:54 PM
My questions would be like how long the key pad would work before it fried? How accurate would it actually read and how long would this last? How long before the plastics on the key pad melted beyond use? I`m curious about getting this pot, just not until I`ve seen product reports written by we "John Q. Public" types and not paid hack writers.Robert