PDA

View Full Version : Canadan mould maker? BPCR

Chill Wills
12-07-2014, 01:04 PM
This past week I received a used mould for a make I know little about. Maybe one of you can shed some light on who made it.

On a whim I got this 45 cal mould.
The only info on the mould is WLB, the L being a lazy L -brand style.

The cast bullet mic's .458 to .460 as you mic your way around the driving bands. Maybe the pins can be adjusted to correct this. I have not tuned the mould yet. The cavity looks fairly smooth but the nose has a bit of a pebble look. That does not hurt anything. The bullet weighs 485 in my BPCR alloy.

I have not shot any yet. I pan lubed the the 20 I cast and I guess I will run them through the .459 push through sizer to round them up some. The driving band are full diameter, no taper and are about .650" or so base to front. The remainder is a full nosed flat design. Great looking hunting bullet or general fun shooting bullet.

I will try it in my target rifles first just to see what it might do on paper. If it shoots well and I think it could I will give it a go in the trapdoor Springfield.

Red River Rick
12-07-2014, 01:53 PM
http://boomersmoulds.com/moulds.html

kodiak1
12-07-2014, 07:19 PM
Got me four different boomer moulds and really like them.
Old Red River Rick makes one he!! of a Paper patch mould too.

Ken.

montana_charlie
12-08-2014, 02:21 PM
Got me four different boomer moulds and really like them.
Old Red River Rick makes one he!! of a Paper patch mould too.

Ken.
If you are interested in making your BPCR cases as long as the depth of your chamber, Rick also builds the Kal-Max stretcher.

CM