PDA

View Full Version : You can't make this stuff up

fatnhappy
12-06-2014, 09:31 PM
Deputies: Man hit by deer while hunting in Phelps
Updated: 12/05/2014 7:07 PM
Created: 12/05/2014 6:13 PM WHEC.com
A Geneva man says he was hit by a deer while hunting.
Deputies say they were called to a section of woods off Jones Road in Phelps where they found 62-year-old Donald Guard. Investigators say he was lying on the ground with an injured back.
Guard told deputies he was walking through the woods on foot when he was hit by a deer from behind. Deputies say, "A hoof mark was found on his clothing."
He says he fired his gun to get the attention of his brother (who was nearby) who then called 911.
He was taken to Clifton Springs Hospital for treatment.

http://www.whec.com/news/stories/S3640900.shtml?cat=565

IraqVet1982
12-06-2014, 09:39 PM
Oh God I hope the other deer don't learn from this or we could be in a world of hurt.

Geezer in NH
12-06-2014, 10:10 PM
Hey Christmas is coming probably a reindeer on training mission. Hey Grandma got run over by a reindeer. :bigsmyl2:

Dthunter
12-06-2014, 10:37 PM
heh! goooood 'un!

starmac
12-07-2014, 01:58 AM
My great uncle killed a deer with an axe he was carrying to a woodpile. The deer jumped over the woodpile right on top of him. He was carrying the axe on his shoulder and just swung it to ward off the deer, but beaned it between the eyes, so it was frying pan bound.

jaysouth
12-07-2014, 02:32 AM
Onst my brother and I were in a duck blind in Arkansas. A flight came in and we started shooting. I had two ducks in the water and was reloading when my brother raised up and killed a mallard drake. The falling duck hit me on the head and knocked my out of the blind. I got back in the blind soaking wet and chilled to the bone. About then I felt something moving in my right hip boot. It was a 4 pound channel catfish that swam into my boot while I was thrashing around in the water. The next day he went into five gallons of duck and catfish gumbo served over rice with fried cornbread and ice cold PBRs.

starmac
12-07-2014, 03:21 AM
LOL If a guy can find it, there is a video out that happenned a couple years ago. Two guy were in a duck blind and a moose ran threw it, followed by a grizzly. They killed the griz with shotguns and steel shot, but it wasn't like they had a choice. lol

taco650
12-07-2014, 07:26 PM
LOL If a guy can find it, there is a video out that happenned a couple years ago. Two guy were in a duck blind and a moose ran threw it, followed by a grizzly. They killed the griz with shotguns and steel shot, but it wasn't like they had a choice. lol

That story also qualifies for the "Only in Alaska" category. My cousin in Anchorage sends me stuff like that every now then. People who haven't been there don't understand but that's ok.

starmac
12-09-2014, 01:59 AM
There was a write up in the anchorage daily news about this one happening. lol