PDA

View Full Version : Mystery (to me) Case trimmer

NY_Treeguy
12-06-2014, 01:46 PM
Found this in a box of tools I had bought a while ago and forgotten about. The handle is missing and I suspect that is where the info was stamped. There are a series of numbers along the vertical shaft which I assume correspond to a chart for different cartridges. The right side has a Wilson style step collet.

Any idea on who made this and if the chart is around anywhere?

Thanks

Pressman
12-07-2014, 07:03 AM
That is a Tri-Mike from Micro Precision. They were around in the early 60's until bought out by Pacific/Bair. It was a company formed by a couple of brothers from Cherokee Iowa to market their line of reloading tools. Previously called Schissel.

The handle is a knurled knob. If you want to part with it please send a PM. I am missing a part on mine that yours has.

Ken

Pressman
12-07-2014, 06:26 PM
treeguy the missing knob on yours is 1-1/8" in diameter by 7/8" thick. Getting mine out I found that it is complete, what I am missing is on a different tool, the stop ring on their stand alone trimmer. I do not have instructions, only listings in the 1964 and 65 catalogs.

The small holes in the shellholder are for a separate rod to act as a wrench for better leverage. These tools are very well made with a heavy cast iron body. Overall adjustment is accomplished by raising or lowering the tool head with fine tuning by adjusting the cutter ring.

Ken