PDA

View Full Version : Dillon's No BS Warranty....proven again.

FISH4BUGS
12-04-2014, 07:03 PM
I load a lot.....since I shoot machine guns I load in lots of 1000-2000-3000 at a pop. I like to set up and do one caliber over a week or two. I cast and resize the same way....thousands at a time. Plenty for a few visits to the range.
In loading my last batch of 223 on the 550b I noticed the handle was going way too far forward after seating the primer. In talking with Dillon, they diagnosed it as a cracked crank (p/n 13409). They sent a new one, no charge. I put it back together, started loading other calibers and thought all was well.
Last winter, I prepared some 3000 223 military brass. Resize, deprime, swage using the Dillon swager and trim using the Forster trimmer with an electric screwdriver adapter. Worked very slick and I can inspect every case as I do them. Hey...winters are long and cold here in NH.
What I did not know was that the shell plate was damaged by the fractured crank. Everything seemed just a tad out of time. Not quite sure how it was damaged but it was damaged. When I sat down to start loading the 3000 223 brass, I thought that I had somehow screwed up the swaging and damaged the brass beyond use. I was looking at the bucket full of prepared brass that I might have to scrap. I was not a happy camper.
A closer inspection showed the left corner of the shell plate at each station was chewed up just enough to make it hard to slide the brass into station 1. I called Dillon and they said "send it in and let's take a look at it". It was mailed on Thursday, arrived at their place on a Saturday (confirmed by the tracking number) and I called on Tuesday to make sure it was there. They said it normally would be ten days from receipt before they were able to get to it.
The next day (Wednesday) an envelope showed up in the mailbox with a new #3 shellplate. Nothing but a packing slip and the shell plate. Six days turnaround from the time I put it into the mail until it arrived here.
It does my heart good to see an American company that stands behind their products. I probably have in excess of 100,000 rounds reloaded on this press and it still runs like a Swiss watch. Their no BS warranty is truly no BS.
Yes, Dillon is more expensive. Their equipment is second to none, and their warranty is truly the best. I have replaced many parts at no charge from them.
I have been a customer for more than 25 years and do not regret buying their stuff.....ever. This is truly a case of "you get what you pay for"
If you ever thought about Dillon, buy it. It is the best. You won't be sorry.

Alvarez Kelly
12-04-2014, 07:43 PM
You preaching to the choir here. Can I get a Hallelujah!

pjames32
12-04-2014, 10:24 PM
amen!

9w1911
12-05-2014, 01:18 AM
they have sent me stuff for free just because I had old stuff rebuilt my whole 550 for 0 dollars

littlejack
12-05-2014, 03:20 AM
Another plus for Dillon.
I called a few weeks ago and ask about some primer tube parts for my SDB. I bought this machine in the early to mid 80's. I believe I paid 169.95. Ahhh, those were the days, EH?
The fella on the phone found out that I had the old press, and sent me a priming upgrade for the press at no cost to me.
Ain't no way you can beat that.

FISH4BUGS
12-05-2014, 07:37 AM
Another plus for Dillon.
I called a few weeks ago and ask about some primer tube parts for my SDB. I bought this machine in the early to mid 80's. I believe I paid 169.95. Ahhh, those were the days, EH?
The fella on the phone found out that I had the old press, and sent me a priming upgrade for the press at no cost to me.
Ain't no way you can beat that.

My Dillon Customer number is about the same as the number of posts I have. Every time I call they tell me how early that number is. I love doing business with these people.
I just bought 20 38/357 cartridge boxes. I also will be ordering 20 223 boxes and 10 308 boxes. Go to the website, order on line and a week later it is here. How easy is that?
I have had my 550 so long it had probably been rebuilt over time for no charge also.
Inexpensive equipment? No but it is good quality stuff. It produces top quality reloads if I do my part.
I put the 550 at the same level of design and quality as the Star sizer.
My blood runs Dillon blue!

6bg6ga
12-05-2014, 08:00 AM
And people whine about shipping charges when they purchase parts from Dillon. Remember that probably a little bit from the charges goes into the parts replacement fund. I lost some locator pins once and I thought the shipping was high. A few years after that a conversion kit I bought didn't fit and I called them and they sent out a new one along with the center bolt at no cost to me. They also sent a paid return shipping envelope for the bad parts.

MrWolf
12-05-2014, 04:06 PM
Another Dillon die hard..

jakharath
12-05-2014, 04:18 PM
Can I get an AMEN?!?!

VHoward
12-05-2014, 09:49 PM
Man. These Dillon love fest threads are almost as annoying as Lee love fest threads. (I own an XL650 and love it.)

Bayou52
12-06-2014, 09:45 PM
Honestly, other than for a couple of case gages, I don't own a single piece of Dillon equipment. But it's good to know they take care to service their products and customers.

Bayou52