PDA

View Full Version : New to PID

echo154
12-04-2014, 06:41 PM
Well I bit the bullet…pun intended and ordered parts to build a pid for my lee piddle pot. I'm no electronic engineer…but I have wired a few houses[smilie=s: so it should go ok….I have not figured out how to post pics……Macbook Air….a little help please:veryconfu…I have a camera and droid to take photos.

LenH
12-04-2014, 11:15 PM
One suggestion, go over to the Casting equipment and look at the stickies there are several wiring diagrams and bunches of good information
on building a PID. I just finished a kit I got from WWW.jconninv.com (http://www.jconninv.com), that DIY kit has bells and whistles that others don't and James is a retired
electrical engineer.

Mike W1
12-05-2014, 12:22 AM
Well I bit the bullet…pun intended and ordered parts to build a pid for my lee piddle pot. I'm no electronic engineer…but I have wired a few houses[smilie=s: so it should go ok….I have not figured out how to post pics……Macbook Air….a little help please:veryconfu…I have a camera and droid to take photos.
First off you're gonna love a PID. The simplest way I have found to do pictures is upload them to PhotoBucket. I'm sure there's others but that's the one I use. After they're uploaded there double click on the picture you want to use. Then over to the right of the enlarged pictures you'll see 4 options. Click on IMG and it'll say its copied. Paste that into Notepad. Then when you're on here paste that URL and when you're done posting and send your message it'll appear like magic in your message. You can insert several URL's into your message. That's why I use Notepad as I can copy them all at one time and only paste once. Simple once you've done it a time or two. I'm guess Mac has something similar.

dikman
12-05-2014, 04:37 AM
If you've done electrical work then you shouldn't have any problems building a PID. While you can add bells, whistles, lights, sirens etc they're not really needed. I started doing all that with my first one (because I could and I'm a nerd) but I soon realised they weren't needed for what I'm using it for, so I keep them simple - just the PID, the whole PID and nothing but the PID, so to speak.