PDA

View Full Version : Three Gun Auction

ejh69
12-04-2014, 05:17 PM
I went to a gun consignment sale last week end. The first 15 guns listed from one collection had 3 Marlins rifles. A 336 in 32 Win. Special predrilled receiver style, a 336 in 219 Zipper [never seen one] and a .375 big bore. After viewing and doing a hard study over them prior to the sale they were all ones I had to bid on. That first 20 minutes I really became sick at the stomach and nervous, like shaking with buck fever. Botton line ,I came home with all three. I have been to a lot of sales but never came across nice ones like this. Boy what a Christmas .

w5pv
12-04-2014, 05:21 PM
You must have been nice all year for Santa to treat you that good.Congrads on your buy.

onceabull
12-04-2014, 06:37 PM
Should you decide not to fool with the Zipper, a member here inquired about mine,but declined my $,,,If you want to ever move yours,let me know and I'll but him in touch with you...... Great catch on all three...!!!! Onceabull

Artful
12-04-2014, 11:07 PM
Oh, I have several 375 big bore guns but I still want a Savage 99 and a Marlin in that caliber, you lucky dog.

johnny_xring
12-05-2014, 02:52 AM
Merry Christmas (and congratulations to your auction success)!

JX

windy
12-06-2014, 01:52 AM
dang, i've had a lee loader fer the zipper, but never had th' gun. pretty hard to cast fer them little bores, i hear, but there's a ton of jacketed stuff around in .22 with all them popgunners out there--grrrrrr! guess i got the next best thing, though; a 22 savage hi-power. love the savage, but i haven't even tried to mold them .228's er .229's it'd need. you'll love the 32ws, though, 'specially if it's a waffletop--they shoot cast like they wuz made fer it (which they weren't, really). good score on those three; they'd dress up anybody's gun rack.
mind yer topknot!
windy

yooper
12-08-2014, 12:27 PM
Those Marlin's in 219 are nice guns and hard to find. I had a beauty and foolishly sold it. They've got a short stiff barrel making them very accurate and they're drilled and tapped for scopes to boot. You're lucky to end up with your "trifecta". Santa came early to your house. ;)
yooper