PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Lee Precision

mrrch
12-02-2014, 07:33 PM
Just a quick shout out to Lee to say thanks
Broke my decapping pin last week, sent in some photos and I was informed today that a new pin is in the mail to me today.
Great customer service in this day and age.
i know what brand I'm sticking with
thanks again

bangerjim
12-02-2014, 07:35 PM
I too like their stuff, even though "those in the know" always bemoan it.

Works for me!

bangerjim

tazman
12-02-2014, 07:49 PM
I'll second that. 90% of my reloading equipment is Lee.

seaboltm
12-02-2014, 07:56 PM

Mine too. You do have to be willing to work on or tweak some Lee products, but that's no big deal to me for the amount of money I save. Lee dies are absolutely my favorite, and I own dies from every manufacture including some that no longer exist. My least favorite dies are Hornady. I like RCBS dies OK. I really like my Lee dies with the RCBS style allen head set screw locking nut attached. That is the perfect die.

jmort
12-02-2014, 07:58 PM
I heart Lee Precision. Most excellent customer service.

Bzcraig
12-02-2014, 08:00 PM
Have have had great experiences with my Lee stuff. My experience has been that Lee's Customer Service is second to none.

Longshots--
12-02-2014, 08:04 PM
Thumbs up on Lee stuff!

VHoward
12-02-2014, 11:42 PM
I think it depends on who answers the phone at Lee. I have had great service out of them and bad. I bought a pro 1000 that I have since sold. When I got it, the die turret that the dies screw into was missing. I called up Factory Sales who I bought it from and told them the die turret was missing. He said it was supposed to have one but I would have to call Lee to get it. I called Lee and the gal who answered the phone tried to tell me the turret was not included. I told her what the guy at Factory Sales had told me and suddenly she wanted my address so she could send me one. I ended up not liking the pro 1000 anyway and sold it.

I have also heard reports that sometimes the other 3 major suppliers having an off day customer support wise.

I buy and try Lee stuff. If I don't like it, I sell it and buy something else. Like their mold handles. Awesome for $13 instead of $40 for the other brands. I only have to epoxy the wood handles on.

freebullet
12-03-2014, 12:40 AM
They've done right by me. Some of their products are great.

dikman
12-03-2014, 04:25 AM
My experience has been that Lee's Customer Service is second to none.

Just to put things in perspective, my experience was terrible. Never did get an answer to the letter I sent John Lee.

MT Chambers
12-03-2014, 04:43 AM
Lee needs to have good customer service.

kungfustyle
12-03-2014, 07:35 AM
Let's face it Lee has some very innovative stuff for reloading. Price is second to none. Love their equipment, but won't touch another Lee Mold. I have 7, but the last one I bought was very undersized. Thank God Midway took it back. I won't hesitate to buy a press, reloading die or other equipment, but as for molds I will save up from now on and get one from NOE or the like.

jcwit
12-03-2014, 10:36 AM
My experience has always been positive. They even replaced a press that I broke by my own fault, no questions asked just a new press.

Value is not always defined by cost!

And there is no manufacturer out there who has never made a mistake!

Actually this holds true for buyers as well!

gtgeorge
12-03-2014, 10:42 AM
I'll agree on this one too. They have always done right by me and if it wasn't for their budget pricing I could not afford to have gotten started. Not always a quality piece but as the old saying goes "They be good for da money" And at other times they well exceed the quality needed or expected. And to replace broken decap pins is going beyond what is right. They replaced my first broke one free of charge but I would not expect them to for any others as it would likely be user error.

gandog56
12-03-2014, 11:07 AM
Probably 95% of mine. I have a Redding taper crimp die for 357 SIG, but the dies are Lee. I have a Hornady set for .223, but only because they were on sale for a ridiculous amount.

Jerry T
12-03-2014, 12:18 PM
I am new to reloading and started with Lee equipment, very happy with it. It is also good to hear that I am not the only one that had to tweak some of the die settings.

seaboltm
12-03-2014, 04:12 PM
Let's face it Lee has some very innovative stuff for reloading. Price is second to none. Love their equipment, but won't touch another Lee Mold. I have 7, but the last one I bought was very undersized. Thank God Midway took it back. I won't hesitate to buy a press, reloading die or other equipment, but as for molds I will save up from now on and get one from NOE or the like.

I too have probably bought my last Lee mold. Yes they are cheap, but they have too many issues.

gunoil
12-03-2014, 04:57 PM
Yep, good service.
My lee's and my dillon's, l still use cartridge gage. They teach me how to load and adjust.
I USE HARDLINE INDUSTRIES BULLET MOLDS.

zuke
12-07-2014, 07:36 PM
If it wasn't for LEE, I'd say a good 50% of us wouldn't be here right now.

gpidaho
12-07-2014, 08:00 PM
Lee makes a lot of equipment that just works so well for the price. If there is a better loading tool than there collet neck sizing die for under twenty bucks I haven't found it. Just one of the many great tools (and a couple pieces of junk) that sit right along with the Redding tools that occupy my loading deck. GP