PDA

View Full Version : Update ,Gardnerville ,Lake Tahoe area ,Nevada

Digger
11-29-2014, 04:24 PM
Wanted to throw in an update for all reloaders in the Gardnerville ,Carson City, Lake Tahoe area ..
Bear Bullets of Gardenerville, Nevada has come around to another point in time for his reloading classes/business ..machines to choose from all in one place.
From a Dillon super 1050 down to a basic Lee single stroke ... he has a collection for hands on .
A person can walk in and have them all in front of him to see and use .. sorry if the pic is a little dark.

He has ongoing reloading classes of various levels ....
Here is one individual being shown how to use his new Dillon 550.
Kind of nice to see all the different colors in one spot , RCBS green,Hornady red,Dillon blue ,etc.
Along with all the reloading components available in the shop , makes a nice place to visit in the afternoon.

The barrels in the pic have brass of different cals .. the dry erase board has the current prices/availability of powder and primers and lead,steel shot. ( he still has some Retumbo at this point in time !)
Plus I hear he has a boolit casting class or two ..... :bigsmyl2:
I will apologize for this plug for his business but
How many places in the country have a toy shop like this one close by !!

country gent
11-29-2014, 04:54 PM
Whats really nice is not only selling something but haveing personel that can actually answer questions and show how it works. Alot of the sales people out there today dont have a clue.

merlin101
11-29-2014, 11:33 PM
Wish we had a place like that around here, but then again we're "lucky" we're "allowed" to have guns.

Bad Water Bill
11-30-2014, 05:29 AM
There should be a law demanding that congress points to the exact location in the constitution that CLEARLY states the proposal meets all requirements and will not infringe on anyones rights.

The same requirement should have to be met by all of the alphabet soup agencies as well.

No more "we interperite this to mean".

Plate plinker
11-30-2014, 09:13 AM
Man that's a cool business.

koehlerrk
11-30-2014, 09:19 AM
Wish we had a place like that around here, but then again we're "lucky" we're "allowed" to have guns.

I hear ya. NY sucks even worse when you can sit at the family farm and see PA. 'Merica!

Fishman
11-30-2014, 09:51 AM
That's neat! I hope his business remains successful.

Love Life
11-30-2014, 11:23 AM
Digger- Is that Memo teaching about the press?

Damn I miss that place!!

TXGunNut
11-30-2014, 12:18 PM
Very nice, I hope they sell a lot of presses. Some folks will take advantage of this opportunity and then do their buying online. Sad, but true. Ask the folks at Best Buy.

Love Life
11-30-2014, 12:23 PM
His prices are pretty competitive and satisfies that "Must have now!!" urge.

Three44s
11-30-2014, 12:29 PM
Talk about "customer service" ......... WOW ..... I am impressed!

If I lived closer ....... I'd be there and buy! ....... and I am not in the market for much by now!!!

Best regards and good shooting

Three 44s

jmort
11-30-2014, 12:40 PM
Another good reason to live in Northern Nevada.

Digger
11-30-2014, 01:03 PM
Digger- Is that Memo teaching about the press?

Damn I miss that place!!

Was hoping that mentioning "Retumbo" would bring you out of the woodwork there Love Life .....;)
Hope you can come back "home" some day when life allows ... and yes , I believe that is Memo teaching the Dillon basics ...

Ian used his wisdom in choosing the area here in N. Nevada for his business as besides the beautiful scenery , we have a certain number of retired and currently serving armed forces in the area (Pickle Meadows) mountain warfare just down across the "border" in California , please correct me if I am mistaken in any way Love life.

With all this experience about , Ian him self has years in the fire arms industry ,... certain individuals like to contribute now and then where they can and help in teaching the basics in shooting , reloading .....
With Ian as the master organizer .
The general public cannot help but benefit from this and continue our fine traditions that we enjoy so much.
If anyone is travelling through the area , please drop in and say hi ...
Apologize for making a paragraph out of a sentence here .... but it's fun !

memo43
11-30-2014, 07:16 PM
Yes its me Memo teaching. I help out an show folks this fine art of reloading. Swing on by an load some amo

TXGunNut
11-30-2014, 11:23 PM
Yes its me Memo teaching. I help out an show folks this fine art of reloading. Swing on by an load some amo

Wow, took getting called out and a pic posted to get a first post! Good job, seems you have a good business model and I hope it works out for you.

Love Life
12-01-2014, 12:01 AM
Sandy- I do hope to come back at some point. I gotta finish up over here in Georgia, go to Japan, and then back to the great state of Nevada (or maybe California while I prep for Nevada)!!!!

Memo43- Welcome aboard! Now we got to get Tom on here.

memo43
12-01-2014, 10:46 PM
I like browsing the forum an learning from everyone, but I'll do a better job of posting.
Or teach someone new how to Safely reload.
Love life while you wait you can always visit, I'll have an extra spot for you at the reloading bench in the garage for you

HeavyMetal
12-02-2014, 11:00 AM
I have family in the Gardnerville area and was up for Thanksgiving, stopped into Bear Bullets and found many powders in stock, mostly 8 Lbs,ers but still available!

Bought some H4198 to try in my 410 ( have some old load data for 3 inch 1/2 OZ loads that clock some impressive speeds) and plan to see how well they work.

This will always be a must see when I'm home.

Digger
12-05-2014, 11:55 PM
Just found Ian's web site ... a work in progress , still a bit new but getting there as he is adding to it when he can ..
http://www.bearbulletsnv.com/

oldsagerat
12-12-2014, 09:00 PM
Wow, I wish he would open a store near me!

skyegod
12-21-2014, 01:52 PM
I don't think that I got any pictures of Sandy teaching the Casting 101 Class a few weeks back. But I know that I certainly learned something while helping out. Great Place, and very competitive prices.

Love Life
12-21-2014, 01:58 PM
I want to move back!! Ya'll have a world class shooter teaching the reloading classes at that store.