PDA

View Full Version : .58 Sidelock stock question

greenmntranger
11-28-2014, 02:42 PM
So when I was a kid of 11, my single mother gave me a CVA Mountain rifle kit. I never got around to building it and as a STUPID 18 y/o, traded it and a couple rolling block/ break down .22 Stevens for a sporterized K98. As I said, STUPID KID. Swore I would someday have a .58 again, and after years of not running accross one when I had the scratch, I finally found one which this site allowed me to keep through its members boundless generosity.

Well this has been the year of the .58 for me. I now have the CVA Mountain Rifle from earlier this year, an investarm (Cabela's/Lyman) Hawkin, TC Big Bore, and I just ran across a complete parts set for another Mountain Rifle w/o a stock.

This bring to my question:

Who builds stocks for a fare price. looking for more a working mans stock not presentation

thanks in advance

GMR

mooman76
11-28-2014, 02:47 PM
I don't know but you might try looking for one that the barrel as been trashed due to not proper cleaning and then part it out. Might probably be cheaper in the long run.

mooman76
11-28-2014, 02:57 PM
I don't know but you might try looking for one that the barrel as been trashed due to not proper cleaning and then part it out. Might probably be cheaper in the long run.

My try contacting these folks, http://www.deercreekproducts.net/ they carry allot of CVA parts. Their web site is new and may not be fully ready yet but you could give them a call. They come highly recommended from another site.

bubba.50
11-28-2014, 03:07 PM
there's an unfinished mountain rifle stock on gunbroker right now. if yer parts kit is from another big bore the barrel channel would hafta be opened up just a bit from 15/16ths to 1 inch & the lock would hafta be inlet. looks like most everything else is done or close to it. no metal psrts with it but what ya don't have deer creek likely would. luck & have a good'en, bubba.

greenmntranger
11-28-2014, 06:05 PM

My try contacting these folks, http://www.deercreekproducts.net/ they carry allot of CVA parts. Their web site is new and may not be fully ready yet but you could give them a call. They come highly recommended from another site.
I got a stock from them for my first Mountain Rifle. The Ram rod hole wasn't deep enough and didnt have enough "meat" to drill it out.

DIRT Farmer
11-29-2014, 01:47 AM
www.longrifles-pr.com
I know that Pecatonica River has TC stocks and many others. A good site and I have used their products. Good qulity and reasonable service.