PDA

View Full Version : One of those days! Darn!

bigarm
11-27-2014, 04:43 PM
Some time ago I built my powder coating booth, but hadn't used it yet. It warmed up last night and got to the mid 40's today which is very warm for this time of year here. So I decided I would powder coat some bullets today. Went out this morning and turned the heat on in the shop to take the chill off. Then after a while I went out and got everything set up and went back to the house to make the holiday calls to our boys. I then went out to start coating. Started to coat some bullets and it didn't seem right. Checked and no spark to the bullets. The machine won't turn on! Fooled with it for a couple of hours and gave up. Only been used twice for a couple of hours each time. I hate it when things don't work out!

nrdewalt
11-27-2014, 04:58 PM
Sounds like a pain in the rear.

StromBusa
11-27-2014, 07:36 PM
If it's the Harbor Freight gun, I had the same issue & it was a simple wire off.

-unplug it
-remove the cover off of the "metal power box"
-remove the cover off the "inner box"
-correct connection
-reassemble covers
-good to go!

RP
11-27-2014, 08:55 PM
Not trying to insult you but I have seen it to many times check the simple things first. Such as is it plugged in is it grounded and is there power on the plug type stuff. Just pointing this out since I been called to look at things that just did not work just to find out things like, Person installed a new ceiling fan all was wired and install correctly but the shipping stops were not removed. Then others as the GFI was tripped. I have drove 80 miles at 110 bucks a hour to flip a switch on a sign just saying check it out a lot of time we overlook some of the easiest fixes.
Just to share a story I had a mower that ran one of those big sparkplugs Wisconsin motor if I remember right. It would start and idle but would not take the fuel and if it did as soon as it had a load it would just die. I took the carb off two or three times looking for a problem burned up the starter working on it then went to see a fellow to look at the carb for me. After looking at the carb he said put a spark plug in it I explained again it would start and run he said again put a plug in it and handed me one and smiled. I went home put it back together and put the new plug in and all was good to go agggggggggg after two weeks on and off working on it a lot of sweat all I needed was a sparkplug. One of those things you do not forget for later in life problems.

bigarm
11-28-2014, 08:40 PM
No insult taken. I have overlooked the obvious before. This time I actually checked the outlet. I had the fuse checked today and it was working. I was hoping that was it, but no, so we made a trip to Missoula today to return the gun. 90 days would run out on Sunday, so just made the exchange on time. Will test it out tomorrow. Hope it works.

Beagle333
11-28-2014, 10:53 PM
Since it was still in warranty..... exchanging it (once) always beats fixing it, in my opinion! :-D

RP
11-29-2014, 10:07 PM
Good deal to hit the deadline seems like I am always a day late.