PDA

View Full Version : I've heard some people use parchment paper

bigarm
11-27-2014, 12:01 AM
Can I use the parchment paper to put the bullets on while I coat them with the Harbor Freight gun and attach the clip to cookie sheet? When coating I have had the bullets on non stick foil and attached the clip to the foil. I would like to try to parchment paper to see if I can reduce the sticking.

Pablo 5959
11-27-2014, 12:19 AM
Parchment paper will not conduct ES very well.
Pablo

Tonto
11-27-2014, 10:59 AM
I've only used parchment paper as a pan liner when using a toaster over to set powder paint after coating cast bullets by rolling them around manually in a tub then standing them up for baking.

Bohica793
11-27-2014, 12:37 PM
I've only used parchment paper as a pan liner when using a toaster over to set powder paint after coating cast bullets by rolling them around manually in a tub then standing them up for baking.

^This

Whizzer
11-27-2014, 08:58 PM
Parchment Paper is perfect for the dry tumble method. The powder coated Boolits won't stick, not even a little. Just pick them out with your tool of choice and set them on Parchment Paper instead of Non-Stick Aluminum Foil.

I can't see it working for electrostatic guns...but I haven't tried it.

fcvan
11-28-2014, 04:44 AM
The only way I can see parchment paper working with ESPC would be if using a metal tray with holes for gas check shanks. Clip the ground wire to the tray, spray away! I haven't tried it because I have plenty of NSAF. I guess I could try it in the morning, I've got some NOE 309-150 SP boolits to coat. Parchment paper is the bee's knees for ASBBDT. I DT coated a bunch of Lee TL309-230 5R and fan-folded the paper to keep the boolits from rolling around and that worked quite well.

I prefer ESPC, and used the Harbor Freight Gun for about 18 months. It works great when adjusted properly but there is the setup and tear down. Last week I picked up the cheapo gun off Amazon and it works great for $50. Quick to get out and put away. I wanted to see if it would work as I intend to send one to a buddy for Christmas. Good thing I bought 3 :)

mdi
11-29-2014, 01:45 PM
Parchment paper will work as a good electrical insulator. For an electro-static powder gun to work, you need a "circuit" of a grounded bullet and a positively charged powder, and parchment paper will insulate the bullets from a proper ground...