PDA

View Full Version : 44 cal expander die

BruMatt
11-25-2014, 02:25 PM
My Ruger carbine slugs out at .4335. I want to try .434 powder coated bullets to see how they work. I have the correct bullet die to properly cast the bullet. Is there a source for a correct full sizing die and expander to correctly seat the bullet without swagging it down to @.431 (as occurs with most standard die sets)?

What Cheer
11-25-2014, 03:48 PM
CH4D has expander dies and plugs for any diameter you require. I have been using their dies for twenty years and have always been satisfied with the results. They are a good company to deal with.

www.ch4d.com

Best regards,

What Cheer

BruMatt
11-25-2014, 07:30 PM
Thanks, I'll call them.

bbqncigars
11-26-2014, 10:38 PM
I believe our own buckshot can also meet your specs in this instance.

kevmc
11-29-2014, 09:32 PM
CH4D has expander dies and plugs for any diameter you require. I have been using their dies for twenty years and have always been satisfied with the results. They are a good company to deal with.

www.ch4d.com (http://www.ch4d.com)

Best regards,

What Cheer

What do they charge for expander plugs/dies??
Didn't see it on their website....

Moonie
12-05-2014, 12:19 PM
NOE has started making expanders to fit the Lee universal expander, I have several and they expand the way the Lyman M-die does, with a shelf for the boolit to sit.

geargnasher
12-05-2014, 10:21 PM
NOE has started making expanders to fit the Lee universal expander, I have several and they expand the way the Lyman M-die does, with a shelf for the boolit to sit.

THIS. And they're cheap and in stock. NOE also makes pistol-caliber powder-thru expanders for the Lee dies.

Gear

dustydog
12-08-2014, 12:27 PM
the noe powder- thru #38 p I received is like an m die buuuuuuut it is too long to operate the powder measure its not shaped like the lee insert basicly turns your powder -thru die solid inside

cainttype
12-08-2014, 01:31 PM
Another source for X-panders designed for cast is Track of the Wolf. They offer multiple sized options in several larger rifle diameters.... and VERY competitvely priced

Moonie
12-08-2014, 04:12 PM
the noe powder- thru #38 p I received is like an m die buuuuuuut it is too long to operate the powder measure its not shaped like the lee insert basicly turns your powder -thru die solid inside

Keep in mind, these are designed for the rifle universal expander die, NOT as a replacement in the pistol PTE die. The universal expander die is much longer than the pistol PTE dies but is exactly the same as the rifle powder charging die.

dustydog
12-08-2014, 08:21 PM
Ok I did not know that when I ordered two of them so I guess I can mod them to work in the pistol die thanks.

Moonie
12-09-2014, 05:53 PM
Al (NOE) does sell the proper universal expander die with the stock Lee inserts on his website at a very good price.