PDA

View Full Version : RCBS Customer Service

Lefty Red
11-25-2014, 02:25 PM
I just had to give kudos to their service. I traded for a set of older carbine dies and needed seater stems instead of plugs,which I can find online for sale. I emailed them this morning with the question of how do I order a stem for a hollow point bullet and one for a rounded flat nose bullet. I just got back an email saying what order number they were, but no worries because they are being sent to me at no charge! This makes me happy and I just ordered a taper crimp die just to say thanks! LOL

I say this because I have never bought a die from any company besides Lee. And I have dealt with Lee and they have been ok and stood behind what they sell. You have to send in what you are wanting fixed, and at your dime. I did ask about different seater plug for my 38/357 seater die and I would have to send in the bullet itself I wanted to and $8 or more and wait up to 4-6 weeks! Not mad, its just how they are.

They might be a few dollars more, But I think I might be getting more green on my reloading bench!

Jerry

Bayou52
11-25-2014, 04:47 PM
Your story is not exceptional but is rather typical of RCBS customer service. They have a reputation for a no questions asked parts/repair policy. If it's their product, they stand behind it - no ifs, ands or buts, no receitps and no paperwork. In short, RCBS has stellar customer service.

As I'm fond of saying, RCBS gets my business the old fashioned way - they EARN it......

Bayou52

EDG
11-25-2014, 06:54 PM
The world would be a better place if all companys' customer service were like RCBS and Leupold.

brassrat
11-25-2014, 07:49 PM
They just replaced my snapped green hammer and quick. Great company.

Wasalmonslayer
11-27-2014, 12:09 AM
I lost the cap for my Uniflow.
Sent em an email and had a new one free of charge in 3 days. No charge!
In this day and age this kind of service is unheard of.

pkie44
11-27-2014, 12:16 AM
My story goes like all the above. Some may be as good, none better.

Alexn20
11-27-2014, 12:32 AM
Ditto! Just last week I contacted RCBS customer service to inquire about ordering a replacement hopper for my "Little Dandy". Mine was cracked, not a big deal but I was willing to buy a replacement. A couple days after submitting my question via the "contact us" page I received a reply simply stating "A replacement is on its way USPS." No hassle. No questions asked.

This is how companies should treat customers. Its rare these days. I love all my RCBS purchases and will happily continue to give them my business. Awesome company! I am a very happy customer. Glad to hear similar stories from you guys.

Kudos to RCBS! Keep up the great work and great products! Because of this experience I can see a digital powder measure in my future.

dikman
11-27-2014, 06:14 AM
Lee could learn a lot from them about customer service.

CastingFool
11-27-2014, 07:42 AM
I bent the decapping rod on my .223 rcbs die. Sent them an email, and had a reply within a couple of hours. Parts were ordered to be sent to me at N/C. It did take a few days for the parcel to arrive, but when I opened it had not one, but two decapping rods. Have no idea what caused the decapping rod to bend, maybe offcenter flash hole? didn't think to check the case.

tonyb
11-27-2014, 09:56 AM
Service is 100%, a lot of green on my bench.

dudel
11-27-2014, 11:06 AM
In my experience, RCBS has great service as does Dillon and Hornady.

Lee is ok; but not in the same class.

Can't speak to Lyman, Foster or Redding.

The "yellow" brand though, is the worst.

jsizemore
11-27-2014, 12:08 PM
I bought a used swagger set for cheap only to discover some parts and pieces were missing. RCBS customer service didn't care. They just wanted to know what I was missing and my address and was there anything else.

I called one day to see if they had any second Pro Melts. The rep said yes and to wait a minute. He came back 3 minutes later and said he had it in his office with a label on it saying it was mine.

Guess where I spend my money.

BNE
11-27-2014, 12:37 PM
Nothing but "Dittos" here.

Their equipment is great, and their customer service is even better.

IllinoisCoyoteHunter
11-27-2014, 12:50 PM
I acquired an old Rockchucker that had the ram drilled out and tapped for bases punches for swaging. I wanted to switch it over to use it for reloading and called RCBS. The guy I talked to said they would send me one for free. I told him that I wanted to pay for it and he wouldn't let me. I was SHOCKED to say the least. Then it arrived, a brand new ram for my RC. Ever since then most all of my stuff is green.

dlbarr
11-27-2014, 12:54 PM
Yep, any time I call RCBS with a request for a broken part replacement, they send it free & pronto. I even told them once I bought a case trimmer off ebay and the cutter was dull. No problem - they sent me a new one. Good company for sure.

seagiant
11-27-2014, 12:58 PM
Hi,
If you look at RCBS and the companys they bought out. The companys all made an excellent product(casting pot, molds,ect)

RCBS then maintained the quality along with backing the product even better than the parent company! Hard to beat and creates loyalty for their products!

Lefty Red
11-29-2014, 05:31 AM
Glad to know that Big Green is level across the board. I am switching over from Lee, little by little.
Jerry

giddyupgo55
12-01-2014, 12:55 PM
RCBS has always had great service. Even when the problem was caused by me.

yooper
12-02-2014, 03:49 PM
I've got to give them a big PLUS mark also. I got a .257 case stuck in the sizing die (yes, I had lubed it first). Even with the RCBS Stuck Case Remover tool it would not budge. Sent them the die in a padded envelope with a note. I received a new die in a new plastic box in just over a week NO CHARGE. Probably 95% of my stuff is green, except for a couple Lee Factory Sizing dies. Great folks.
yooper

nashtn
12-02-2014, 05:30 PM
For me, also, RCBS has always come through. Just last week I asked them, via email, if they could send me two replacement return springs for my older model, hand primer tools whose springs had 'sprunged'. They notified me today that they were 'in the mail'.
--Nashtn--

ioon44
12-05-2014, 10:29 AM
RCBS customer service has always been 100% good for me, not so with some of the others I have dealings with.

FISH4BUGS
12-05-2014, 02:09 PM
I have a vibratory tumber with the manufacturing date of November 1982. I have used it since new and polish tons of brass.
The rubber mounts disintgrated and they sent me now ones along with new springs and nuts and bolts. I rebuilt the tumbler at no charge.
Their service has always been to to me.....almost as good as Dillon's!

DR Owl Creek
12-05-2014, 02:53 PM
RCBS has always sent me any replacement parts free. So has Hornady.

Dave

aya
12-05-2014, 10:07 PM
Most all of my reloading equipment are green. Some of it, dating back to the seventies, all has served me well. Testing some softer alloys in a 9mm, gave me problems with boolits beeing sized down during seating. I deceided to modify a .38 SW expander to work in the 9 mm die. I sent an Mail to RCBS, explaining my problem, asking if it was possible to buy just the expander rod, not the complete die, or die set. The response was in my inbox the next day, "we would send you one for free"
I sent a mail and thanked for the exellent service, saying , you did notice I live in Norway, could I at least pay for sending. The reply was, " that's no need for that, the expander is in the post"
Needless to say, I would stay green.

45workhorse
12-07-2014, 11:38 PM
On my third motor for my 1987 tumbler! No charge, always have to to put my c/card away.

Forty5r
12-08-2014, 03:32 PM
RCBS has great customer service! I received some older RCBS parts when I started reloading and they replaced all the stuff that I could not recondition for use. Great company with great customer service. Just wish that their rifle dies had a little less run out.

Jerry T
12-08-2014, 06:09 PM
I bought an older RCBS 5 - 10 scale and the micrometer pois scale was missing, I emailed to ask if I could purchase one.
They emailed back right away and said they ordered one for me no charge, I received it a week later, GREAT service.
I will remember this when I need reloading equipment.

vdagiel
12-08-2014, 06:34 PM
Lee could learn a lot from them about customer service.
I agree.

sundog
04-28-2015, 03:05 PM
I just got off the phone with them. Great folks. The plastic insert for large primers gave up the ghost on my hand priming tool after ?? years. It's old enough that the instruction sheet that came with it says "Patent Pending". I should have the replacement in a few days.

Geezer in NH
05-03-2015, 05:15 PM
I buy Green cause you only buy it once. NO one has better service.

dragon813gt
05-03-2015, 06:46 PM
The two times I contacted them for warranty service I eventually got the parts. So I can't complain about that part. But both times it took over three weeks to receive the parts. I was charged for some of the parts for some reason. And it took a few days for them to respond to my initial inquiry. Like I said I did get the parts I needed. But I've had a lot better service from other companies.

r1kk1
05-10-2015, 12:13 PM
The two times I contacted them for warranty service I eventually got the parts. So I can't complain about that part. But both times it took over three weeks to receive the parts. I was charged for some of the parts for some reason. And it took a few days for them to respond to my initial inquiry. Like I said I did get the parts I needed. But I've had a lot better service from other companies.

I've never been charged for a warranty part from RCBS. I did buy the arbor conversion from them as everyone's price was similar but RCBS had it in stock.

take care

r1kk1

dragon813gt
05-10-2015, 12:33 PM
I've never been charged for a warranty part from RCBS.
r1kk1

All well and good but I was charged. And then had to wait three weeks to receive the part. My view on their customer service is pretty low.

woodbutcher
05-10-2015, 06:44 PM
:grin: Have had similar results with them.Another company that I feel is also outstanding for customer service is Plano,the tackle box company.A couple of weeks ago I found a couple of cracked/broken lids on some of my boxes.Called their CS line.Told the young lady my problem and she says what is the mod number of the boxes.Told her she says what is your address?Told her she says they will go out today.I says how much?She says no charge.I says young lady these boxes are over 25 years old.She says SO WHAT,they are covered under warantee.I says thank you very much.
Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
Leo

Carrier
05-10-2015, 08:28 PM
My son bought a used Rock Crusher last year. I decided to set it up and found all of the primer components missing. Phoned them to try to order the pieces and they are sending everything no charge. I couldn't believe they would do this.