PDA

View Full Version : Godfather recovering in the hospital

davidheart
11-25-2014, 12:03 PM
My godfather went into the ER Saturday morning because he had severe pains near his right side. A few hours later they had him in surgery because his gallbladder had stones and was completely blocked. They removed the gallbladder but they had to cut more (?) and do a more invasive surgery because of the nature of his liver at the moment. A couple hours after he went in he had a successful surgery and he's in recovery now. He's still in the hospital this morning and they told him he's gained 20lbs of water weight. His body is/was retaining fluids and he's not peeing on his own.

Please ask the Lord for his full recovery and that he'll be able to start peeing on his own. He raised me with my mom growing up because my father was never around. He's the only real father figure I have and I need him to recover from this. Please and thank you.

RED333
11-26-2014, 07:35 AM
Praying for you and your family.

davidheart
11-26-2014, 11:23 AM
Praying for you and your family.

Thank you. I spoke with him this morning. He said he's now able to go to the bathroom... but he can't control it. If that makes sense.

Forgetful
11-26-2014, 11:29 AM
Thank you. I spoke with him this morning. He said he's now able to go to the bathroom... but he can't control it. If that makes sense.

If I had 2 gallons (~20 lbs) of fluid in my bladder, I wouldn't be able to control it either!

Hope he recovers completely.

davidheart
11-26-2014, 11:40 AM
If I had 2 gallons (~20 lbs) of fluid in my bladder, I wouldn't be able to control it either!

Hope he recovers completely.

:D :D That's a good way of putting it.

They actually said it was the cells in his body filled with water. But I'm happy that now he's finally able to start releasing! Thank y'all for your continued prayers.

Forgetful
11-26-2014, 12:06 PM
They actually said it was the cells in his body filled with water.

yeah I know :) just making light of it