PDA

View Full Version : Lyman service is A-OK

DanM
02-12-2008, 04:06 PM
My 450 was leaking lube out of the base area. I dismounted it, and found that both seals, o-ring and nylon, were bad. Called Lyman's 800 number, and they are sending new parts at no charge. No fuss. They took my address, and are sending the parts. Doesn't get any better than that....

Razor
02-14-2008, 01:20 AM
Nice to know that they are as good about it, as RCBS...
RCBS is AAA+++ in my book..

Razor

Lloyd Smale
02-14-2008, 05:37 AM
Seems like there customer service changes from day to day. It used to be horrible but ive actually had a couple good experiences with them lately. I still wouldnt put them up there with rcbs and dillon but then every bussiness in the US could take lessons from those two.

Rat-Man
02-14-2008, 09:46 AM
I am glad somebody has had a good experience with Lyman. I bought a new double cavity mold a couple of months ago and the sprue plate machining on the holes was terrible. They had a couple of ridges that would hold the sprue so tight that I had to pry it off with a screw driver.

I called Lyman to see about a replacement and they would replace it if I sent in the whole mold at my expense, and they would send it back with a new one.

I said it would cost more to send it to them than a new one would cost me at retail. Their response was still send it in and we will take care of it.

Great customer service over a $5.00 sprue plate if you ask me.

Swamprat1052
02-14-2008, 10:35 PM
I sent the Lyman Thermometer that I bought back to em and told em it was junk. They sent me a new one pronto. I cant complain about em.

Swamprat1052