PDA

View Full Version : Current price for lead

Rufus McGoofus
02-11-2008, 06:35 PM
I just ordered 50# of lead (something of a #2 alloy configuration) and paid $60 including shipping from NC to CA. Is that about what the rest of you pay?

JohnSmiles
02-11-2008, 06:41 PM
I just ordered 50# of lead (something of a #2 alloy configuration) and paid $60 including shipping from NC to CA. Is that about what the rest of you pay?

While I have never paid for lead, I have seen various kinds of it go for $0.75-$1.25, PLUS shipping, all the time on Ebay.
WW, pure lead, etc.

jleneave
02-11-2008, 07:45 PM
When I first started getting into casting (about 3 weeks or so ago) I bought 50lbs of lead off of ebay for $44+$8.95S&H. Since then I have got out and found a couple sources locally. At a couple of these places I pay .15 cents/lbs and at others I pay $30/5 gallon bucket. I have even lucked up and found some for free. I have also located a place that wanted .75 cents/lbs and another that wanted $1.50/lbs. I too have seen it go on ebay anywhere from .75 cents/lbs to $1.25/lbs. I think that right now scrap lead/WW prices are all over the place and it is just going to get worse! Right now I am trying to buy as much as I can for as little as I can and stockpile it for future use. I guess if you can't find any cheap scrap lead/WW and you want/need it bad enough you will pay what ever the seller wants for it. Good luck!!

randyrat
02-11-2008, 08:46 PM
The market for Lead on trade is up to just over $1.35/lb It is on the way up again. It did drop as low as about $1.10 and as high as aprox $1.85 Of course this stirs the jitters up and everything to with lead goes up.