PDA

View Full Version : First hunt of the season

dave roelle
11-15-2014, 08:20 PM
Loaded up the truck and headed to the ranch Wednesday for some last minute blind touch up, scouting and to get the hunting cart ready to take advantage of the rut here in Texas.

With the blind tuned up and everything situated at the camp, i returned to the blind to sit a while to see what might be moving----didn't really expect much activity because of all the tromping around-------i was wrong !!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa397/drroelle/th_DSCN0675.mp4 (http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa397/drroelle/DSCN0675.mp4)

A little later in the day the deer critters beat a hasty retreat to the thickets and this nasty ole boar hog showed up---------------i put the 375 paper patched NOE boolit through the near shoulder as he quartered to me-----------he bolted at the shot and made it perhaps 50 steps and collapsed in a heap, must had expired running because he didn't twitch after he piled up.

The 375 paper patched boolit is most likely burried in a tree down range !!!!

The load is 375 H&H 270 grain NOE boolit out of air cooled wheel weights 2% tin, wet Paper Patched using composition pad paper sized to 0.3765 O.D.---52 grains of 3031, 1 grain of dacron fiber fill---CCI BR2-----into the rifling perhaps 0.002

I can't comment on any expansion, however in the quest of a DRT load i think i'll cast a few using 50% WW and 50% pure lead + 2% tin----------might even hollow point one or two cavities of the 4 cavity NOE mold

Next trip will be a kids hunt for Thanksgiving weekend a Buck or two are destined for the grill shortly after Thanksgiving

Keep well and stay safe

Dave

**oneshot**
11-15-2014, 08:36 PM
Looks like your having roast for Thanksgiving!!!!!!!!!

buckwheatpaul
11-15-2014, 08:42 PM
Great infomation....great shot....great meat....we just trapped 15 in our trap and had at least 15 more outside the trap.....can you say sausage....and brats.....

dh2
11-15-2014, 08:44 PM
pork for dinner, and some nice deer out there too

pls1911
11-16-2014, 06:46 PM
My head hurts... if you take the pigs home, your 'yote will be forced to eat deer :-(

Just kidding, but unless I can put 'em in a 5 gallon bucket (on the pit whole), we just stack 'em like cordwood and shoot 'yotes off the pile.

dave roelle
11-16-2014, 07:37 PM
HI pls1911-----------------yup i do exactly, that this one was a stinker for sure---------the buzzards had a hellava lunch !!!!!!!!!!!!!!---------sow's about 70 pounds are fit for anyones table

Dave