PDA

View Full Version : Which Stocks will fit Rossi 92 357 Maggie

TCLouis
11-15-2014, 12:11 AM
I know there are some others that will fit with some tweaking.

Which ones.

I am looking for straight stock, shotgun style buttplate.

Ben
11-15-2014, 12:22 PM
I know there are some others that will fit with some tweaking.

Which ones.

I am looking for straight stock, shotgun style buttplate.

How about this ?

http://www.boydsgunstocks.com/ProductDetail/3y0571515117_rossi-92-stk-w-f

Artful
11-15-2014, 11:07 PM
I think the Rossi is a direct copy of the Winchester 1892 rifle - so I would assume that the wood stock should fit the Rossi as well.

TCLouis
11-16-2014, 11:57 PM
I am looking for a "beater" stock for an experiment.

I have been told one could modify an old 94 stock to fit, if fit and beauty was not real important in the final product.

Was hoping that if that were true, then I could do my experiment on an expendable stock.

Pepe Ray
11-17-2014, 06:56 PM
For TCLewis;
When my grand children were small I refused to teach them riflery with adult sized equipment.Also, realizing how quickly they would grow
I concluded that it would be wasteful to simply shorten the factory stocks. Sooo, I picked up some Win 94 take offs and with a rasp
and some chisels, modified them to fit my M92's. Worked like a charm. Re installed the OE as they grew into them and was still able to
utilize the cobbled stocks to instruct the neighbors kids.
Go for it.
Pepe Ray

TCLouis
11-17-2014, 11:33 PM
Thank you, I knew someone here would have the answer.

Now my quest is for one or two less than 100% 94 Stocks

jlchucker
11-22-2014, 03:16 PM
TCLouis, I just barely posted a comment on this subject in another thread. A gunsmith friend and I pulled the stock off my EMF model 92 (made by Rossi) in 44 mag, and physically compared stocks with a 94 Winchester he had laying around. Close enough of a fit that it could be made to work was the conclusion. The only thing you'd want to check would be how the tang screw holes lined up with your "beater" stock. You might get lucky, you might have to drill a new hole for the tang screw into the stock you are going to use, or you might have to otherwise fanagle something to get tang inletting and screw holes to line up properly.