PDA

View Full Version : Hornady collet puller pull tl358-158-swc ?

mikes farm
11-14-2014, 09:20 PM
Will a Hornady collet puller #9 (I think) pull tl358-158-swc ?
Not sure if it will pull the truncated cone of a wade cutter sticking out
of the cases.
Regards
Mike

5Shot
11-14-2014, 09:28 PM
Are you hoping to save the bullets or you just want them out? I doubt the collet puller will work. When we used it on jacketed bullets in our 270 you had to have a bit of straight section sticking out of the case and it took some pressure on the collet screw to get them out.

If you don't need the bullets, just unscrew the die from your press, run the round up through the hole and grab it with a pair of pliers. It will pop right out on the down stroke.

GP100man
11-15-2014, 09:03 AM
It depends on case tension & crimp , it`ll deform the noses a bit & as long as the deformation is uniform the boolit will still be balanced ,but my problem was it deformed it enuff to affect seating the boolit consistently to the crimp groove .

I used em for plinkin & accuracy was good for cans & paper.

Also check dia. before reusing they may swage down a bit in the operation .

My plan is to melt the next pulled 1s & pull em as 5shot said & recast .

GP

Freightman
11-15-2014, 10:29 AM
If they are to short to get through the hole use a1/2" 1" socket over the ram and pull them with pliers, works good.

mdi
11-17-2014, 12:47 PM
I've never had good results using a collet style puller on lead bullets. Since all my lead "pulls" go back into the pot, and if I'm too lazy to use my inertia puller, I just use pliers on top of my press as described above...