PDA

View Full Version : Powder measure reservoir tube stock?

Walt
11-12-2014, 03:39 PM
Did a member here sell lexan (?) tube that matched Reddings reservoir diameter (2.125") for custom sized reservoirs.......was I dreaming or what?

Nueces
11-12-2014, 04:58 PM
This is what I did: http://www.sinclairintl.com/reloading-equipment/powder-handling/measure-stands-accessories/sinclair-powder-bottles-and-adapters-prod32959.aspx

Sinclair offers nicely finished aluminum adapters for the various powder measures, that fit in place of the powder hopper and are threaded to accept Nalgene bottles. They offer bottles with and without soft plastic bottom plugs. If working from an 8 pound jug, a working supply of powder can be stored in the bottle, which is easily fitted to the powder measure body.

Bonz
11-12-2014, 05:10 PM
I upgraded my Hornady powder measure reservoirs to "thick walled Pyrex glass". Works perfectly unless you try to bounce one off the concrete floor...

Walt
11-12-2014, 09:03 PM
This is what I did: http://www.sinclairintl.com/reloading-equipment/powder-handling/measure-stands-accessories/sinclair-powder-bottles-and-adapters-prod32959.aspx

Sinclair offers nicely finished aluminum adapters for the various powder measures, that fit in place of the powder hopper and are threaded to accept Nalgene bottles. They offer bottles with and without soft plastic bottom plugs. If working from an 8 pound jug, a working supply of powder can be stored in the bottle, which is easily fitted to the powder measure body.

I used to "study" the Sinclair catalog regularly. I guess I just bypassed this section? Sounds like a super idea, thanks!

Kevin Rohrer
11-12-2014, 09:34 PM
Quick-Measure buys them from somewhere in 2-foot lengths, and will cut them to any size you want.

Walt
11-13-2014, 01:16 PM
Quick-Measure buys them from somewhere in 2-foot lengths, and will cut them to any size you want.

Thanks Kevin. One of the members here sells it also. We are messaging right now. Walt

troyboy
11-15-2014, 02:02 PM
Well who is the member. It would be good for everyone to know

Walt
11-16-2014, 07:36 PM
Well who is the member. It would be good for everyone to know

As it turns out the tube is actually being machined down to fit in the measure! I'll have to come up with a cap to fit the oversize reservoir.