PDA

View Full Version : For users of the RCBS Lub-a-Matic

Leadmelter
11-12-2014, 01:10 AM
I called RCBS when I could not match the O-rings at the local hardware store.
One call got me 6 O rings for my three units for nothing within a week.
Some companies still back their products even after 30 yrs.
Leadmelter
MI
:-o

GabbyM
11-12-2014, 01:39 AM
RCBS is a good company for sure. Just bought a couple die sets earlier today. X die.

I bought a bag of O rings for my sizer dies. Then learned to use lots of Vaseline or grease on them before pushing into press. That saves most of the wear and tear. The old NRA lube may be slippery enough on its own but I generally use a harder lube.

35 shooter
11-12-2014, 01:51 AM
Had the exact same thing happen. I called RCBS for the price of new of new rings,although mine are still going strong and the price on the plunger they fit on. I think it was $27.00 for new plunger and ring.
I've had this lube press since the 70's. Anyway i never made the order, but 2 weeks later recieved it through the mail under warranty....WOW! I had forgotten i gave them my mailing address.

leadman
11-17-2014, 06:51 PM
I called RCBS to buy a replacement inside case deburr tool for my case machine. They sent me one under warranty even though I told them I had worn it out and was willing to buy the part.
I do buy RCBS whenever I can.

509thsfs
11-28-2014, 09:40 PM
Over 30 plus years, RCBS has never charged me for parts for any of my hand loading stuff. Even when I told them I bought the item used from someone else a number of years before. The last time was last year for my old Lub-a-Matic. I bought it used in 1992 from a guy that I know used it a lot for a number of years before that. The threads in the body were stripped for the sizer die locking cap . Called RCBS about a possible fix. They said send it in and they would look at it ( I paid for shipping). A couple weeks later I got a brand new Lub-a-Matic 2 in the mail, free of charge, as a replacement. Thing is, I did not expect that they could repair it and would tell me I was out of luck, so I had already bought a new one. :rolleyes: Figured oh well, will set it up too sometime, since the bulk of my sizing is 38/357 and 45, it would save me from swapping out sizers. Or better yet, set one up for rifle since I use different lube for those. And we know what a pain it is to swap out lubes.

Petrol & Powder
12-07-2014, 10:59 PM
One of the main reasons I'll always go to companies like RCBS or Dillon when I have a choice. That loyalty works both ways.