PDA

View Full Version : Info on an ASM 3rd Model Colt Dragoon Replica Revolver Rifle

Double9
11-09-2014, 10:50 PM
I recently aquired a Armi San Marco replica of a 3rd Model Colt Dragoon black powder percussion reveolver with a rifle stock from the estate of my late father-in-law.

He purchased the gun new, and I shot it about 10 years ago.

I have done some preliminary research, and have found conflicting information of how rare it is and the value.

From the prefix in the box on the right side of the frame, are the letters, AB. It was made in 1976.

It is in about 80 to 85% condition, as it has some small rust spots starting on the barrel, but the wood, case hardening of the frame, and the engravings on cylinder are still in great condition.

The barrel is 18", and it has a detachable shoulder stock with blue steel harware.

U have seen prices of $275 to $400 for just the gun, $600 to $800 for the shoulder stock, and $1800 for the entire gun.

I tried finding the value in a blue book of gun values, and Gun Digest, and could not find anything.

Is this a rare gun, would anyone be able to provide a definitive answer on its value?

Thanks,

Double 9

Battis
11-10-2014, 01:40 AM
ASM is no longer in business. Their guns did not have a great reputation - soft internal metal, poor fit, etc. I've owned several, including the Dragoon, and they were pretty good. I don't see the revolver selling for more than $275 (the rust is a problem). I have no idea of the stock's value, but I don't see $1800 for both, or even half of that.