PDA

View Full Version : Anti-Rust Vapor Products

TCLouis
11-08-2014, 01:56 PM
Just left the site with a product for this feature starting with a z (so teed off I refuse to give them advertising). Anyway the check out was so poorly done I have decided that I would rather give anyone else the business. so is there an antirust vapor product that works as advertised available in the big box stores or on the net.

Want it for the safe (no electricity where the safe is son none of the heaters will work), all of my die storage and throw some in the tool chest for good measure.

So, is there an antirust vapor product that works as advertised available in the big box stores or on the net.

mj2evans
11-08-2014, 02:46 PM
I have always wondered about the "vapor" products but never tried any. I just use the big box of desicant (sp) I bought from midway. You can reactivate the stuff by heating in the oven.

osteodoc08
11-08-2014, 03:59 PM
I have desiccant and VCI stick ons in my gun safes. So far so good. Wife picked them up as a gift for me one day from Walmart. She's pretty awesome like that.

merlin101
11-08-2014, 05:24 PM
I found a reasonably priced source for multi-metal paper, but it is an a roll containing 1200 square feet. That's more than I'll ever need. I have thought of purchasing a roll and offering smaller pieces, eight square feet or so, here on the Cast Boolit board. The cost would probably be between ten and fifteen cents per square foot depending on shipping costs. Just a thought.

PB

I think you'd move it pretty quick, matter of fact some would move my way.

lancem
11-08-2014, 05:50 PM
Try here, lots of choices, rolls, sheets, and not to expensive.

http://www.uline.com/Grp_89/VCI-Products?keywords=VCI%20Anti-rust%20Paper

Old Coot
11-09-2014, 04:42 PM
I believe that Brownells sells a VPI powder (vapor phase inhibiting). I have used this successfully to combat rust since 1969 with my iron molds. Molds stored in an ammo can (30 and 50Cal.) . When I lived in So Cal. the ambient humidity was around 85% the VPI powder worked great to prevent rust on completely oil free molds. For a gun safe I would recommend the desicants which are nothing but silica gel that has been dried out. You can buy it by the 50# bag on line cheaper than the containers sold at stores. Brodie

reed1911
11-10-2014, 10:59 AM
McMasterCarr carries VCI products, bags, paper, foam, and the cups that work just stinkin' great for the safe. About 15.00 a piece on the cups and they last 2 years.

alamogunr
11-13-2014, 08:45 PM
Check out Bull Frog products.

http://www.bull-frog.com/products/