PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a Henry 30-30?

bigarm
11-07-2014, 11:04 PM
I have been wanting a 30-30 lately. My wife and I were at Cabelas today and handled a Henry in 30-30. We really liked it. Very small and light. Of course I don't have the money for it now. If I could sell my 97 I could get closer, but that hasn't happened yet. Anyway, does anyone have one and if so how do you like it?

FergusonTO35
11-07-2014, 11:13 PM
I don't but sure would like to have one. They are really sweet!

brtelec
11-08-2014, 12:05 AM
I have one. I have always been a fan of the Marlins until a few years ago and decided to look elsewhere for a new 30-30. I have to say, This is an incredibly well made rifle. I love the ghost ring rear sight that comes on it standard. I like the loading port on the magazine tube instead of the receiver. It does not break my heart that it is American made either. The trigger on mine is heavy but breaks crisp, and I am impressed with the accuracy. All in all I could not be happier with it.

Ramjet-SS
11-09-2014, 08:46 PM
I have the brass reciever flavor and absolutely think it is the smoothest, slickest, accurate 30-30 I have ever owned and it loves the boolits especially the 170 grain FP CG. Good dose of Levereevolution and this gun rocks. With the scope ragged hole with J-words and the right load for cast under 2" at 100. I like mine setup with a Skinner peep. Great guns worth every penny.

**oneshot**
11-09-2014, 09:51 PM
I bought one a while ago. I was impressed from the start. It shoots great, smooth action, good sights. Loves 170gr GC boolits.

bigarm
11-09-2014, 10:09 PM
Thanks for the replies. I was very impressed with the one I handled. I am able to make a trade, plus some dollars for a Marlin however, so will be doing that to save some money.

Remiel
11-09-2014, 11:04 PM
I wold love a Henry, however due to cost i did end up w/ a remlin 336w, it took some time to break it in, but overall its a good little rifle and i enjoy it, would like another lever in .44mag.

birch
11-10-2014, 09:51 AM
The only Issue I have is the lever popping open. Once that happens, you have to rack in another cartridge to close it again. Also, don't red loctite in a scope base. It will stick and you will have one hole in your receiver that no amount of Drano will loosen.

GabbyM
11-10-2014, 10:33 AM
*** Also, don't red loctite in a scope base. It will stick and you will have one hole in your receiver that no amount of Drano will loosen.

birch: Just use a heat gun or careful playing of torch to melt any Loctite thread locker. Even the high heat variety comes loose with just a little more heat. For the blue Loctite a plain butane cigarette lighter provides enough heat.

Ramjet-SS
11-10-2014, 01:57 PM
I own allot of guns some really nice custom rifles and calibers. If today someone came to me and said you get to keep one gun that's it I would let them all go except the Henry 30-30......yes Ruger Scout rifle gone, yes the Custom 375 lever gun gone, the 458 Socom gone, 6.8 SPC gone....and so and son on....yes it's that good.