11-07-2014, 08:28 PM
6000 ft lbs, looks like fun, too bad they are $4k+

http://www.badbullmuzzleloaders.com/index.htm

starmac
11-07-2014, 10:33 PM
I hope this one doesn't get to the inline squabble thread. lol

M-Tecs
11-07-2014, 10:48 PM
Savage ML II's and Remington ML smokeless conversions can be had for less than a 1/4 the cost.

Some good info here http://dougsmessageboards.proboards.com/board/23/savage-smokeless-muzzleloading

I like the Remington ML smokeless conversions more than the Savage ML II's but I have an original Savage ML I that I really like.

Luke can set up up Rem smokeless for about $850 http://smokelessmz.com/700ml.html

Beagle333
11-07-2014, 10:53 PM
I wonder if he was able to eat any of that deer? It looked like it pretty much exploded!:shock:

Tatume
11-09-2014, 08:02 PM

I've never understood that argument. When I hunt I don't see another hunter (or person, for that matter), from the time I leave home until I get home. Why should I care what that other hunter is carrying?

idahoron
11-09-2014, 10:45 PM
When you hit a 100 pound deer with 3 tons of energy that do tend to explode. That one hit her on the point of the shoulder it looked like. I got to ask why not just use a 460 weatherby? Ron

Tatume
11-10-2014, 07:08 AM
Hi Ron,

If you want to hunt deer with a 460 Wby, that's fine with me. Like I said, I won't see you, I won't know what you're doing, and I don't care what gun you use to hunt. It's just none of my business. So go ahead and use the 460 Wby, it's fine with me.

Take care, Tom

newton
11-10-2014, 04:39 PM

Well.....all I'm saying is that gun makes my inline look traditional......:mrgreen:

idahoron
11-10-2014, 07:48 PM
Hi Ron,

If you want to hunt deer with a 460 Wby, that's fine with me. Like I said, I won't see you, I won't know what you're doing, and I don't care what gun you use to hunt. It's just none of my business. So go ahead and use the 460 Wby, it's fine with me.

Take care, Tom

I guess you missed the sarcasm in my post. No I don't use a 460 weatherby, in fact I hardly use anything but a muzzleloader. The muzzleloader in the video is not what I would call a muzzleloader.

idahoron
11-10-2014, 07:49 PM
Well.....all I'm saying is that gun makes my inline look traditional......:mrgreen:

It makes my inline look like pop gun, but I think I will keep mine and eat the deer and elk I shoot with it.

roverboy
11-10-2014, 09:40 PM
Its a little overpowered. I think you could shoot a Tyrannosaurus Rex with it.

Tatume
11-11-2014, 08:00 AM
I guess you missed the sarcasm in my post. No I don't use a 460 weatherby, in fact I hardly use anything but a muzzleloader. The muzzleloader in the video is not what I would call a muzzleloader.

Use whatever you want, it's your business. Let the other guy use whatever he wants, it's his business for as long as it doesn't affect you or me.

There are cases where it matters. For example, some people are taking long range shots at elk, and using very powerful rifles and scopes to do so. Besides sniping being unsporting (not my business), it puts hunters in danger. When one person is sneaking up on that elk to take a sporting shot, someone a half mile away is preparing to lob a 750 grain bullet in there, with no idea that a hunter is present. So, yes, I believe there are circumstances where we need to be concerned about what the other guy is doing.

But, I don't think the argument about modern-looking rifles vs. traditional muzzle loading rifles is one of them.

Take care, Tom

idahoron
11-11-2014, 07:11 PM
Here in Idaho those would not be usable on a Muzzleloader hunt. A person could use one on a either weapon hunt.

Tatume
11-11-2014, 08:23 PM
I believe Idaho was one of the states trying to discourage 50 BMG use on elk by putting a 15 pound maximum weight limit on rifles. If was for the reason I said, it's dangerous to fire on game from over 1000 yards, because you can't see who might be in the immediate vicinity. It's also unsporting, in my opinion, but my opinion on what is sporting is irrelevant.

wgr
11-11-2014, 11:38 PM
my problem with this is, there are alot ogfguys that see this and have to have it.but when push come to shove most people dont have the skill to shoot over 200 /300 yards. they get this and the old if i see it i can kill it. lots of wounded game. just my dimes worth

Tatume
11-12-2014, 07:30 AM
my problem with this is, there are alot ogfguys that see this and have to have it.but when push come to shove most people dont have the skill to shoot over 200 /300 yards.

Personally, I don't see much point in shooting game at 200 yards anyway. The sport is in the hunt, and the hunt is getting close.

Hang Fire
11-12-2014, 04:43 PM
As my trad roots go back to the 1950s, I damn near gag when I see such.

Fly
11-12-2014, 07:12 PM
(quote Use whatever you want, it's your business).Well yes this is true, but this is a form that people ALSO have
the right to give there thoughts also.If you are going to post something on a Black powder form mostly then
exspect for people to say what they think.

My thought is why in the world would I hunt with something like that.I only shoot black powder, & powder
that I make at that.I guess the black gun forms would think it is cool, but to each there own.There I spoke
my feeling on this so there.
Fly

Fly
11-12-2014, 07:19 PM
Personally, I don't see much point in shooting game at 200 yards anyway. The sport is in the hunt, and the hunt is getting close.

What crawled up your butt & died today?
Fly

gandydancer
11-12-2014, 07:25 PM
My self. flintlock only. as it should be.

bigted
11-13-2014, 08:51 PM
had to return to the top to read the OP's post as it seems like this is going nowhere! personally ... as the OP ... I believe that as he does ... it looks interesting but that is the end of my opinion as really ... nobody needs to be subjected to my personal bias on stuff.

the thing is not my cup but ... there is a place for everything I guess ... question is ... is THIS the place for this? WAY up top of the page is the title of this particular area of Cast Boolits entitled plainly "MUZZLELOADERS" ... so as a muzzleloader ... I guess this COULD be the place for this huh?

gandydancer
11-14-2014, 01:10 PM
who cares??????????????????

starmac
11-14-2014, 02:07 PM
Well, it would not be my cup of tea, heck it hurts my shoulder lust reading about it. I can see the appeal of having the biggest and baddest, but just am not interested myself, especially at their price.

lreed
11-20-2014, 12:37 PM
Mortars are muzzle loading too,a feller could take one and a few bushels of corn spread out just right and do some serious deer and hog harvesting! Just saying.lreed