PDA

View Full Version : BassPro did not inform me ...

Wayne Smith
11-06-2014, 11:48 AM
That my 6lbs of powder had been delivered to my local store. I called them and they looked it up and said it had been delivered.

The guy did say they had a third party company do their e-mail notification.

I'm on my way up to pick up my order in Hampton on my lunch today.

Airman Basic
11-06-2014, 12:21 PM
Did the same. Had to keep checking their website for confirmation. Never did get an email. Those 3rd parties screw the pooch sometimes, I guess. Glad to get it, even so.

Wayne Smith
11-07-2014, 08:53 AM
Huh! It's a generational thing, I guess. I seriously never thought of checking their website for a single order!

tazman
11-07-2014, 10:25 AM
I got my email 4 days after placing my order. I called the store to be sure it was actually there. I couldn't believe it got there that quickly.
They had it waiting at the service desk for me when I walked in.

Beagle333
11-07-2014, 02:21 PM
I got an email saying it is there and they would hold til Dec 8th. The day I go get it though, I'm going to call to confirm before I drive the 70 miles there.8-) (and I printed out the email..... it said I had to have it in hand to pick up. 'Sure woulda hate to have not read that little part!)

Wayne Smith
11-07-2014, 04:45 PM
I never got an e-mail receipt either. I had two conversations via their internet communications asking about my order and on the second he attached a reciept that I needed to pick up my order.

georgerkahn
11-07-2014, 05:29 PM
Sorry, but I'm confused: You placed a catalog order to main/central Bass Pro Shop, and said order was shipped to your closest/most local Bass Pro? Did you need pay shipping &/or haz mat fee -- if you didn't it would be worth the aggravation. On the other hand, if it was not a free-ship-to-store deal, then perhaps it would try one's level of homeostasis... Just curious.
Thanks!
georgerkahn

tazman
11-07-2014, 10:09 PM
I did my order from the online store and had them ship it to my closest Bass Pro store. Free shipping and no hazmat fee that way. There was going to be tax no matter what(actually ended up less tax at the store for some reason).
It cost me a lot less to drive the 50 miles and pick it up than the shipping and hazmat were going to cost.

Handloader109
11-07-2014, 10:17 PM
Just picked up my 4 pounds today. I had original order confirmation (after shipping), one that said it had arrived and as I was a week and half picking it up, had a third for a reminder. No problems with my email.. No hazmat fee or shippingcharges. Whoo eeeeh! And they had a pound of Red Dot and a couple pounds of 700x sitting on shelf with about 6 or 7 rifle powders. Hard to walk out with only the 4 pounds I had ordered and paid for:)

Wayne Smith
11-08-2014, 05:05 PM
I ordered when the link was posted here. Unfortunately I was on the phone with a hysterical client when I was making the order, did not print out the order as I expected an e-mail reciept, and when I did not get one I first communcated with the online support guys to make sure I actually completed it. Then I contacted them a week later asking when it would be delivered and informing them that I had no reciept to pick it up. They responded with an e-mail with a receipt attached. Five days later and still no notification I called and found out it was waiting for me at the store.

UNIQUEDOT
11-09-2014, 03:18 AM
They told me I didn't need anything other than my name and address to come pick mine up. Heck I didn't even need ID! Told them my name and I had a ship to store order there and the guy punched my info in the computer and had them bring my powder up to the service desk. Couldn't have been simpler.

jonp
11-10-2014, 09:44 PM
Took 8 days or so for mine I think. I got the email, printed itout and went in. I don't think id have needed it but just handed it to the lady behind the desk with id proving it was me.