PDA

View Full Version : Colt Single Action Picture Thread (maybe)

birch
11-04-2014, 10:07 PM
I seen the 45colt/45acp thread and thought I would post my Dual Cylinder SAA, but then I thought that it might be neat to see some beautiful Single Action Army Guns. There seem to be alot of Ruger threads and a some Cowboy threads, but I cant remember a Colt S.A.A thread in recent memory. Here is my ol' girl. She was unfired when I bought it, but I could not wait to get home and pull that trigger. I probably lost about a thousand dollars, but it was one of the best 1000 dollars I have ever spent. I continue to shoot it whenever I can. It is one of the most accurate revolvers I have ever shot with both the acp and colt cylinders.

Here she is:

ShinyPartsUp
11-04-2014, 10:27 PM
Gorgeous gun!

birch
11-04-2014, 10:33 PM
Thanks Michael,

I used to think it was a fairly large hand gun, but I bet it would look pretty darn small next to a BFR in 450 marlin!!!

Silver Jack Hammer
11-05-2014, 02:00 AM
I have seven (7) Colt SAA's but they're all plain Jane's, nothing fancy to look at or worth posting pics of. I shoot them all the time. Cast, load, shoot, repeat. But I'm techno challenged when it comes to posting pics. I wonder if there aren't more Colt's guys out there like me that cast and shoot but can't post.

birch
11-05-2014, 05:49 PM
I am on the prowl for more. I just want one of each generation and I'll be a happy man. It would help if they were in some obscure chamberings as well.

DougGuy
11-05-2014, 06:10 PM
I wish I still had mine, I had a bunch of them until I bought a used Harley Davidson, LOL there went the Colts!

1927 45x5 1/2 nickel with genuine pearl stocks, lettered.

1902 45x4 3/4 patina with documented cowboy history from Wyoming in 1910, had nicks under the barrel from breaking out a window shooting at cattle rustlers, was carried by a member of the posse that brought them in. This gun was tight as any brand new unfired Colt. Unbelievable mechanical condition for it's age.

1922 45x7 1/2 King's conversion, pinned on front sight blade, S&W adjustable rear sight, would cloverleaf a one hole group @85yds.

1898 45x4 3/4 BP frame.

1972 45x5 1/2 was the best shooting revolver I have EVER owned, bar none.

1983 45x4 3/4 run of the mill 3rd gen.

doc1876
11-05-2014, 06:17 PM
ah, Colts, the things that make a young man's heart sing, and an old man's heart content.......
In 1977/1979, I had been carrying a .50-70 Sharps around to gunshows for about 6 months asking $250 with no nibbles. At the same time a fellow had a new in the box 7 1/2 in .45 Colt that he had been bringing to the gunshows, and could not sell for $250. I approached him with the idea of a trade. He had never seen a Sharps, and did not know what to think. I told him take it around, and if anyone tells him not to trade, not a problem, and went and sat down for a bit. Shortly he came back and agreed to the trade.
About 30 days later, Colt announced that they were not making the SAA any more, and if you wanted one to go through the Custom Shop. the thing doubled in value overnight. It is still with me, and I have used it in countless living history events, movies, and whatever else a "Cavalry" model is called for. I have 3 or 4 sets of grips for it, and can dress her up or down for whatever is needed.

this was the first of several, I love 'em